Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Offline version?

jttsteelix

Hey Eclipse!  :azn:

Just curious, but is there a way to make it so your ES game can be played offline when the server's down? The only issue I can think of is that your stats would have to be updated when the server comes back online from when you were playing offline. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

:renzo:
YES YOU CAN!
it would be quite easy actually, you would need to make a mini server that is also a client. So that when a player connect to it, it connects to  YOUR server and updates stuff. (maps, NPC, ect) then you wold have to be able to modify the client via the scource to do that. when you player goes online, all his skills would go back to normal thoug. What you can do is make YOUR server listen for clients, and make the client transmit the latest stats to the server, thus upadting them. You would need to encrypt te file viz MD5 or somethin, or else hackers would use your game ask training grounds….

@smuczerproductions:

> YES YOU CAN!
> it would be quite easy actually, you would need to make a mini server that is also a client. So that when a player connect to it, it connects to  YOUR server and updates stuff. (maps, NPC, ect) then you wold have to be able to modify the client via the scource to do that. when you player goes online, all his skills would go back to normal thoug. What you can do is make YOUR server listen for clients, and make the client transmit the latest stats to the server, thus upadting them. You would need to encrypt te file viz MD5 or somethin, or else hackers would use your game ask training grounds….

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/Reaction/1280118594800.jpg)

@Robin:

> @smuczerproductions:
>
> > YES YOU CAN!
> > it would be quite easy actually, you would need to make a mini server that is also a client. So that when a player connect to it, it connects to  YOUR server and updates stuff. (maps, NPC, ect) then you wold have to be able to modify the client via the scource to do that. when you player goes online, all his skills would go back to normal thoug. What you can do is make YOUR server listen for clients, and make the client transmit the latest stats to the server, thus upadting them. You would need to encrypt te file viz MD5 or somethin, or else hackers would use your game ask training grounds….
>
> ![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/Reaction/1280118594800.jpg)

the fuck is your problem robin? srsly? he asked if it would be possible, and i answered. im not saying its the most smpe ting to do, it would be extremly time consuming. i dont know why you hate me so much…

I just think there's a lot of dedicated one person RPG makers out there that wouldn't involve workarounds. I suppose in theory you COULD make a single player game with eclipse, but why not use an engine that was designed for that specific purpose?
I suppose I can't give out any links, but even RPGMaker is easily found.

@David:

> wont work, even if u program it….
>
> ...im pretty sure u dont wanna leave a computer online 24/7 just for a little game to be running...if so, it can over heat (and may burn), and also your internet and power bill will be pretty big....so yeah, have fun!

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/Reaction/1280118594800.jpg)

@Robin:

> @David:
>
> > wont work, even if u program it….
> >
> > ...im pretty sure u dont wanna leave a computer online 24/7 just for a little game to be running...if so, it can over heat (and may burn), and also your internet and power bill will be pretty big....so yeah, have fun!
>
> ![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/Reaction/1280118594800.jpg)

-.-