Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, Illidan and Arthas, where will this end?

death

Any Warcraft I-III fan can annoyed at least by Blizzards disregard of the series by killing off its main villian cast in WoW. I'm no so annoyed by the death of Neltharion in the newest expansion, but the death of Illidan and Arthas in the previous two are just plain disrespectful.

These villians have had a major part in the Warcraft RTS series, and shouldn't just be killed off in some horrible WoW expansion in raids. If they were to be killed off, they should be killed in a true Warcraft RTS game in a fitting way. And since they have annonced a Warcraft IV, you can only wonder what is going through their heads with all of this. Will the RTS games be set in alternate lore, or will it be forced to have new villians, and just leave Illidan and Arthas as they are, KIA by WoW raidgroups.

What do you think?

Obviously it's a MMORPG, MMORPGs are ever expanding, Blizzard made those games, but they only ever have so much lore to do with Warcraft 3 so obviously they have to make up new stuff, they used Illidan they've used Archimonde and they used Arthas personally I would of loved to have seen all the dreadlords in WoW but I never play WoW anyway.

No, because Cataclysm is the last WoW expansion, you could say, endgame one. It's changes the whole world, adds bunch of new instances, absurd bosses, rapes the Warcraft lore some more, resurects an enemy from Warcraft2: Beyond the Dark Portal as an overpowered end boss and let's Blizzard move on to another MMO project set in a diffrent universe.

I believe Sargeras is the main villian in the Warcraft series and there's been no announcement yet of you being able to kill him any time soon. So, I don't believe that Cataclysm will be their last expansion.

And about the starcraft MMO, I don't think it'll happen. It'd be cool, but nah.

@Wraith:

> I believe Sargeras is the main villian in the Warcraft series and there's been no announcement yet of you being able to kill him any time soon. So, I don't believe that Cataclysm will be their last expansion.
>
> And about the starcraft MMO, I don't think it'll happen. It'd be cool, but nah.

Blizzard already stated that after Cataclysm they are dropping development on the game cept for patching bugs. At least that's what I heard. And as for Sargeras… you think Blizzard will bother finding all the loose ends in their already ducked up lore?

@Kusy:

> @Wraith:
>
> > I believe Sargeras is the main villian in the Warcraft series and there's been no announcement yet of you being able to kill him any time soon. So, I don't believe that Cataclysm will be their last expansion.
> >
> > And about the starcraft MMO, I don't think it'll happen. It'd be cool, but nah.
>
> Blizzard already stated that after Cataclysm they are dropping development on the game cept for patching bugs. At least that's what I heard. And as for Sargeras… you think Blizzard will bother finding all the loose ends in their already ducked up lore?

Maybe that guy will be the main antagonist in Warcraft IV. Though I was really looking forward to ending Illidan and the Lich King/Arthas in Warcraft IV. They leave Warcraft III with some amazing antagonists, just to go and kill them off in WoW for money.

I'm not sure why people think of WoW as some other entity leeching of the strategy game series. They aren't just wrecking stuff in WoW to make a buck, they have storylines supporting it and it's quite well written for the most part.
So we don't fight Arthas in the strategy game. You know what? I can say firsthand that he is a lot tougher in the MMO than he ever could be in the strategy game. Same goes for Illidan.

@Thorn:

> I'm not sure why people think of WoW as some other entity leeching of the strategy game series. They aren't just wrecking stuff in WoW to make a buck, they have storylines supporting it and it's quite well written for the most part.
> So we don't fight Arthas in the strategy game. You know what? I can say firsthand that he is a lot tougher in the MMO than he ever could be in the strategy game. Same goes for Illidan.

So I understand you judge game's playability by how hard it is to kill the last boss?
I can understand why people, me included were and are hating on WoW. Imagine the butthurt and whining FPS fags would rise if from now on all Halo games would be a RTS. That's perfect analogy. Blizzard created one of the most popular RTS series and dropped it, to finihs the storry in another, compleatly diffrent genre. RTS fans were more than fucking pissed, and the more harcore ones dropped out after WC2 because even 3 was not what they looked for.

And I say that there were parts where Blizz just raped the lore. Dalaran was compleatly destroyed, yet in WoW it became a flying city. The whole civilised Horde idea is retarded for me but that pissed me even in WC3\. Warlocks in Alliance… because warlocks were not nihilisticks psychos under Gul'dan's command who wanted to unleash demons into Azeroth, they were hated both by the alliance and the horde (killing Gul'dan was a mission in Orcish Capaign, not human). Putting Undead in the Horde... now that makes sense. In Warcraft 2 (in the booklet... they don't make them like this anymore) it was stated that Draenei was a weak race of peacefull peasants, compleatly anihilated by the Orcs... Also, Grom Hellscream was a faggot samurai in WC3... Grom Hellscream was not a faggot, and most certainly not a samurai in WC2\. And now they are resurecting Deathwing from WC2:BTDP as the main motherfucker.
Yeah, I'm sure all that is perfectly explained by some NPC in a tl;dr wall of text 90% of the WoW players will just ignore and click the "Accept" button... but it did felt like fucking the lore for hardcores who loved WC series.

I, personaly played WoW for a week, have nothing against it, but preffered the series as a strategy.