Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Dynamic Friends List - UPDATED (uses server-side)

RavenStar

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you double-click on it do you see this?
```
Private Sub lblFriendAdd_Click()
Dim n As Long
Dim strinput As String
        strinput = InputBox("Friend's Name : ", "Add Friend")
        If StrPtr(strinput) = 0 Or strinput = vbNullString Then Exit Sub

Call SendAddFriend(Trim$(strinput))
End Sub
```

Okay it works now thanks! But here is the problem now. As its shown in  raven picture you send a PM doing this:  !username waddupman! but when you type that into the frmmaingame mytxtchat box it decides that it doesnt want to submit it into the game.

So why could this be doing this?

@kibbelz:

> nice tutorial you missed quite alot out. Fortunatly I fixed that for myself it would be more awsome though if your friends were online their name colour on the list goes green.
>
> Other then that good source edit.

Also checking if the player exists at all(could be done by making sure the player is online) and you could do something for player to request each other to be friends(like trades and partying, then each player appears on the others list).

@tmoney:

> I've repeated this tutorial to it's exact words at least 5 times + and every outcome seems to have an error. It needs to be a bit more user friendly because ive done everything right then some of the code snipplets dont belong in certain areas then you get it setup and it doesnt want to work or it gives you a Mismatch runtime error.
>
> Very buggy IMO it could just be me, but im pretty sure ive ran through this tutorial enough to know im not the one messing up.
>
> Re-Look it raven and maybe make the code a bit more user friendly that already has variables set, defined and code snipplets placed in the right place. Or maybe even add screenies, thanks for the hope though I thought I had myself a friends list :) but ill figure one out some day.

I forgot you could write better tutorials and code… wait nevermind, you **can't**.
I make things plenty user-friendly, I tell you where to go, what to find and what to put, I even put pictures of the IDE, wtf more do you require. Code is not user-friendly, if you're not comfortable with it then stop reading tutorials.

To everyone else, sorry about the missing parts. I was awake for 30+ hours when I wrote this so I did forget to include a few things. I have the complete working code, which also includes some small error checking (such as if the player exists).
Reason I haven't been able to reply and fix up the code for the past few days is I was out-of-country, back now but exhausted & jet-lagged so I'll update soonish :)

**Giant thanks to 314piwm aswell, for helping all you kids.**

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...