Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My First Attempt At GUI

Gohan

@Black★Gold:

> Well, it's better than taking an image and putting text and lines on it. Its too empty…Not much to say but add more content?

Yeah lol I know it's a bit plain… It's actually intended to look plain. Inside the cockpit of a Zoid are several black screens displaying statistics on Zoid performance, so that's what I went for. And yes it's better than just transparent pasting over a google image.

@Marsh:

> Looks like a good start, but is that the finished product? maybe add some little images to the buttons etc. Health bars look cool.

I intend to put images on the buttons… I just don't know what to put on them. I kinda got stuck at that point.

Far too big. You've got heaps of wasted space, and the game screen is far too wide.

If you want the game screen to be so prominent, endeavour to have all the UI elements within the actual game screen.

You should also move them all to _one side_ of the game screen, as you're currently screwing it up for anyone with a 1024x768 monitor.

Here's the latest GUI.

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx171/GohanX_Album/GUI-3.png

It doesn't look as cool as the last in my opinion but I was going for functionality. This way the window itself is smaller than the last one yet the game screen itself is actually bigger than the last. I know there's an empty spot. I plan on filling it I just don't know what to fill it with yet.

The window is 1024x558 so it should just barely fit in the smaller screens.

Not sure about all of the minor details, such as size and screen ratios or what fits. However it seems like you made a good adjustment. It's more appealing for a side scrolling game. I'm not a big fan of side scrolling games, but I think this layout optimizes the style of game rather than the more traditional RPG style layouts with UI on the sides.

Nice changes.

@Gohan:

> Here's the latest GUI.
>
> http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx171/GohanX_Album/GUI-3.png
>
> It doesn't look as cool as the last in my opinion but I was going for functionality. This way the window itself is smaller than the last one yet the game screen itself is actually bigger than the last. I know there's an empty spot. I plan on filling it I just don't know what to fill it with yet.
>
> The window is 1024x558 so it should just barely fit in the smaller screens.

Yet its more side-scroller convenient

@Black★Gold:

> @Gohan:
>
> > @Black★Gold:
> >
> > > Then anti-alias. >.>
> >
> > I have no clue what that means lol but I fixed it.
>
> @Soul:
>
> > Makes fonts **and shapes** less rugged by attempting to merge them with the background color.

Oh I must have missed Soul's post lol