Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Major Assitance

RayZ101

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get ripped on like living hell, but I'm desperate enough to take those chances.

My game and server sources are messed up, it may have been caused by sources I may have inputted or something, but I just can't understand any of the problems.

It's like of I get assitance for one problem and it's fixed, another pops up and so on.
I've been trying to contact Scorpious2k for a while for assitance on the last source I tried to put in (http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,53792.0.html) , but he seems… dead.

If it could be possible for anyone to take a copy of the source from me and help fix it? It'd appreaciate it ALOT, like seriously because of this I can't get any progress in except ingame development.

Note: I'm using Eclipse Stable, and not putting it the download link to the public like some kind of show-and-tell, PM me if you could help me!

If you're using Eclipse Stable or Evolution, there's nothing I can do for you. That source is an absolute mess by default. Anything you add to it simply buggers it up further.

The best advice I can give you is to start again. If you're serious about editing the source code, Origins will be a much, much better choice for you. Especially now that all the new tutorials coming out at for Origins. Stable and Evolution are slowly being depreciated.

Few questions about Origins since its alot diffrent than the other ones.

1\. How do I make diffrent admin ranks? i don't want a mod to become an owner status n all.
2\. How can i get the server buttons (Mass Kill, Exp, Level, etc.) on the origins server?
3\. how do I know I equipped an item or not?

There is a map animation system, just not that shitty 2-frame bollocks you've been putting up with.

The system allows you to place animations created in the animation editor onto the map, meaning you can have dynamic animations which can have as many frames as you like.

The autotile system also automatically detects when there are multiple frames and it'll animate between the different sets of tiles.

Don't wanna sound like a fail but I'm moving back to stable, I appreaciate all you've done for me Robin, and I'm definetly putting you in the special thanks in the credits and all that, but yeah, I took a diffrent stable's source and fixed up to the original one.

Tho thanks bunches Robin.

@RayZ101:

> **Don't wanna sound like a fail** but I'm **moving back to stable**, I appreaciate all you've done for me Robin, and I'm definetly putting you in the special thanks in the credits and all that, but yeah, I took a diffrent stable's source and fixed up to the original one.
>
> Tho thanks bunches Robin.

lololol.

Anyway, switching back to Stable is your decision, although I assure you it is not a good one.

I wouldn't say stables that bad.  Scripting is easy to learn and very easy to get help for.  Most programmers want money if their editing source.  If he's not super serious about his game and just wants to have a game that he made with some ideas he had, stable is fine.

@Jeff:

> I wouldn't say stables that bad.  Scripting is easy to learn and very easy to get help for.  Most programmers want money if their editing source.  If he's not super serious about his game and just wants to have a game that he made with some ideas he had, stable is fine.

What? Just look how popular the source editing board is. I spend absolutely ages carefully helping people with their problems and questions.

If you're too lazy to learn to do something yourself and want to just copy & paste someone else's work, scripting has more pre-made systems out there. Still, if you're that damn lazy your game isn't going to go anywhere in the first place.

Aw don't start a fight guys, I'm serious, I'm not trying to disrespect your work in any way Robin, I mena look at your engine, it has epic item animations, blood, alota new stats, custom map sizes, it's all very very epic, i mean if you were to combine Stable with origins, its a literall unstoppable force.