Find results in...

Favorite Anime/ Manga

Forbidden

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Thorn:

> What do you think makes Naruto worth a damn? It's probably the most pathetic piece of crap anime I'm aware of. I would freaking watch or read Fighting Foodons before I sat through that repugnant shit.
>
> There is no ninja theme to it, they're SUPER POWERED CHAKKRA WARRIORS or some similar bullshit. It's an insult to the actual martial traditions of ninjutsu to call those ninjas, even for the sake of entertainment.

Seriously, your saint anger over a cartoon entertains me ;D

They use ninja words, but there's nothing ninja about any of it. It's bullshit on every conceivable level. The shonen powers just make it worse.
Picture this: A vampire jumping up, silhouetted against the burning Texan sun, and blasting someone with the wrath of god. Then chasing them through a running stream while hitting them with a cross, before having a final showdown inside a church while eating a garlic sandwich.
That's about as 'vampire' as naruto is 'ninja'.

And Kusy, not that you care but the fact that you like it makes me think considerably less of you.

@Thorn:

> By itself no, it's not. It's the terrible writing and shitty characters that make it a bad anime.

Then shouldn't you be stressing that instead of the ninja theme?

Personally I think Naruto is bad, but not as bad as you're making it out to be.

It's all a matter of opinion.

I just take the ninja aspect personally, since I studied that crap. Like I said, for me that series is on par with twilight. What would your reaction be if someone said that their favorite anime / manga was the manga adaptation of twilight? or if you heard that they were making an anime of it?
I'd probably punch babies.

@Thorn:

> I just take the ninja aspect personally, since I studied that crap. Like I said, for me that series is on par with twilight. What would your reaction be if someone said that their favorite anime / manga was the manga adaptation of twilight? or if you heard that they were making an anime of it?
> I'd probably punch babies.

Twilight in itself is a disgrace. But thanks to that, I lol'd very freaking hard while watching it. And there's tons of parodies! Try to see the bright side to it all.

Not to mention, you watch Blade, then watch Twilight. You'll be like "waitwut?"

Frankly, I think western animation doesn't get enough credit. There's some fantastic stuff, it just often gets overlooked for anime and the like. That's one of the reasons I generally have a hate on for anime, is that it has hugely stifled the development of western animation.

Thorn, stop being funny. Not that I really care what you think of me, with each your post in this thread I think less of you. I never said that I like Naruto it's childish and pretty stupid but I belive it's natural for kids to like it, it would be like having problems with children eating chocolate because you don't like it.

You took the time to state every little reason why you can't stand it so much and to repeat it again, directly insult few members and show us your maturity of a 21 old guy who can't get over that some younger people like other stuff than him.

So please get over yourself and stop posting unless you have something to say about your favourite anime, and yes, we already got the message it's not Naruto.

@So:

> Hmm… never got to watch more than one episode. It was drawn really nice so it's a bit of a pitty.
> Cowboy Bebop is also one of my favs.

Downloaded Escaflowne and tried it out, but my **God** they have weird noses.

I really enjoyed Cowboy Bebop. It was a very western series, though.

One series that I watched recently and really enjoyed was Darker than Black.

I think it'll be interesting the more animé artists come over to the western world.