Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*Mods please delete*

Skaterboy991

Interesting. It is actually a good idea, But it might become an annoying thing like Hamaichi. If you need the program to view it, it might become like Hamaichi in the sense that no one will download it. If you make it open, so only the installer needs to download it and others can access it without the program, then this will become very successful.
Just my Ideas,
~Shadow_death_

@shadowdeath:

> Interesting. It is actually a good idea, But it might become an annoying thing like Hamaichi. If you need the program to view it, it might become like Hamaichi in the sense that no one will download it. If you make it open, so only the installer needs to download it and others can access it without the program, then this will become very successful.
> Just my Ideas,
> ~Shadow_death_

I'm with ya on that part. Just think of it as a distribution software. The game does **NOT** need Eclipse Go to run it; it would run just like any Eclipse game does already. The idea of Eclipse Go is to make the games easily accessed because they will all be focused in one area. And making a community system for it (and no, I dont mean like a forum) would make it even greater. And the idea of having it web based as well means users won't even have to download or install anything at all.

@Robin:

> Terrible way of delivering content unless you've already got a long-standing reputation as a decent games distributor.
>
> The only reason Steam is so popular is because it's a core part of playing the games online. This system has absolutely no purpose.

Don't you realize how popular Eclipse is itself? And how do you think things get popular, anyways? Things such as Steam don't get popular out of no where, and they don't get popular because their old, either. And how can you say it has no purpose? People won't enjoy always heading to this forum and sifting through all the junk just to find a game to download. The system can be used as a great distribution network for actual **GOOD** Eclipse games. And, also, if you don't like the idea don't worry you won't have to partake in any of it if you don't want, not forcing you  :icon_music:

@CrAzY:

> Don't you realize how popular Eclipse is itself? And how do you think things get popular, anyways? Things such as Steam don't get popular out of no where, and they don't get popular because their old, either. And how can you say it has no purpose? People won't enjoy always heading to this forum and sifting through all the junk just to find a game to download. The system can be used as a great distribution network for actual **GOOD** Eclipse games. And, also, if you don't like the idea don't worry you won't have to partake in any of it if you don't want, not forcing you  :icon_music:

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/Reaction/kagami-in-thought.jpg)

@CrAzY:

> Funny how you're much older than me, and I'm the one who's being mature ;D

Maturity? I pointed out why your design model is flawed and you ignored both points.

I'll say it again. Steam's rise in popularity was due to the player's _requirement_ to use Steam to play Valve's online games.

Valve already had a huge following of gamers before they released Steam.

Your little project has no reason to exist. This isn't a game publishing site, it's a game _development_ site. Building up a product specifically to distribute games made specifically with a single engine is short sighted. There have been… what, 3 games released with Eclipse that have actually gone anywhere?

Also, if anyone _did_ manage to make a decent game, I'm sure they won't be trusting the distribution of their project to some kid who's idea of an aesthetically pleasing signature is a radial gradient and a picture of someone's hand.

@Robin:

> @CrAzY:
>
> > Funny how you're much older than me, and I'm the one who's being mature ;D
>
> Maturity? I pointed out why your design model is flawed and you ignored both points.
>
> I'll say it again. Steam's rise in popularity was due to the player's _requirement_ to use Steam to play Valve's online games.
>
> Valve already had a huge following of gamers before they released Steam.
>
> Your little project has no reason to exist. This isn't a game publishing site, it's a game _development_ site. Building up a product specifically to distribute games made specifically with a single engine is short sighted. There have been… what, 3 games released with Eclipse that have actually gone anywhere?
>
> Also, if anyone _did_ manage to make a decent game, I'm sure they won't be trusting the distribution of their project to some kid who's idea of an aesthetically pleasing signature is a radial gradient and a picture of someone's hand.

*Semi-large sigh*
1)I was talking about your reaction post, ya know, with the girl's face. AKA spam.
2)I took in mind your points, and rebutted them.
3)I understand what Valve is. I was using them as an example.
4)No need to call it a little project in the demeaning way. I realize, it really is little.
5)I understand it's a game development community. I've been here for about 3-4 years. This is for people who have actually **finished** the basis of their games, and are ready for distribution. They don't have to be projects that have actually _gone somewhere_.
6)What is there to trust? It's advertising. Advertising is good no matter where it's coming from. I have no ability to do anything that would change their game or it's users in any way shape or form.
7)No need to call me 'kid', teen is just fine  ;) 15 years old and happy about it. (especially since I don't develop in vb6)
8)Old project. Old signature. But, thank you for reminding me to change it  :icon_surprised:

@CrAzY:

> Funny how you're much older than me, and I'm the one who's being mature ;D

You know an ad homine argument isn't an argument? If you were mature, you would know that.

**Addendum**:
This will not work, since the amount of games that actually can use this aren't done or are of low quality. Not to mention that this community is really small. Bigger projects, wouldn't work either, because the people behind them usually want to get individual advertising, I.e. advertising where only they can benefit from, and not others. Also, the people who want to use this, would be idiots, because launchers are generally avoided. Most people simply boot up a game directly (this is what I do with the Sims 3 for instance). They want to play a game as fast as possible, instead of having to wait for the launcher to load up. All by all this idea is nothing more than "eye candy (sic)".

Regards,
  Stephan.

@Stephan:

> @CrAzY:
>
> > Funny how you're much older than me, and I'm the one who's being mature ;D
>
> You know an ad homine argument isn't an argument? If you were mature, you would know that.
>
> Regards,
>   Stephan.

You just won all of my respect.
But, infinity + infinity…

@CrAzY:

> @Robin:
>
> > @CrAzY:
> >
> > > Funny how you're much older than me, and I'm the one who's being mature ;D
> >
> > Maturity? I pointed out why your design model is flawed and you ignored both points.
> >
> > I'll say it again. Steam's rise in popularity was due to the player's _requirement_ to use Steam to play Valve's online games.
> >
> > Valve already had a huge following of gamers before they released Steam.
> >
> > Your little project has no reason to exist. This isn't a game publishing site, it's a game _development_ site. Building up a product specifically to distribute games made specifically with a single engine is short sighted. There have been… what, 3 games released with Eclipse that have actually gone anywhere?
> >
> > Also, if anyone _did_ manage to make a decent game, I'm sure they won't be trusting the distribution of their project to some kid who's idea of an aesthetically pleasing signature is a radial gradient and a picture of someone's hand.
>
> *Semi-large sigh*
> 1)I was talking about your reaction post, ya know, with the girl's face. AKA spam.
> 2)I took in mind your points, and rebutted them.
> 3)I understand what Valve is. I was using them as an example.
> 4)No need to call it a little project in the demeaning way. I realize, it really is little.
> 5)I understand it's a game development community. I've been here for about 3-4 years. This is for people who have actually **finished** the basis of their games, and are ready for distribution. They don't have to be projects that have actually _gone somewhere_.
> 6)What is there to trust? It's advertising. Advertising is good no matter where it's coming from. I have no ability to do anything that would change their game or it's users in any way shape or form.
> 7)No need to call me 'kid', teen is just fine  ;) 15 years old and happy about it. (especially since I don't develop in vb6)
> 8)Old project. Old signature. But, thank you for reminding me to change it  :icon_surprised:

Dude, please just shut up…

I apologize, sir. But this project is going to fail, some members of the forum haven't touched the Eclipse Engine for quite some time, some drop their projects because they lose motivation and only a few remain. You might just get enough Games that want to 'advertise' via your program but soon or later they drop their Projects anyway.

And it's not like we need this kind of program since in the end all these games will probably be made from Eclipse, so it's just like your advertising for the forums but that's all. And you can't add games from other Engines or else it wouldn't be 'Eclipse Go', would it?

And your not taking this seriously, your trying to prove Robin wrong but your doing it wrong. If you want to prove him wrong then show him that this can work, no words but deeds, sir! You are clearly not mature when you can't handle a single critique like a **Man**.

Now.. Where's my beer!? Seriously!

@CrAzY:

> Just delete it, I see why I left the community in the first place.
> Don't need to develop for people who don't actually respect others' ideas.

If you can't take some basic criticism then I suggest you stop publicly announcing your developments. Locking per request.