Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Migration from ES to EO

Timmah

Hey All,

My and jcsnider (his epicness) have been making an amazing game built from ES. Its got pets, an auction center, quest system, an battle arean, double exp, xp, and SOOO much more.

It would be a HUGE pain to convert it all to EO, but, is there any simple ways to migrate?  I mean, what I'm really asking, what is the pros and cons of both? Is it worth the migration?

@MrMiguu:

> Should have thought all this out before-hand.

EO was not out when I started making my game with ES.

@All - I can not copy and paste it. xD
I am serious about my game, and Orgins seems like a great engine. It feels slimmed down and easy to use.I believe we will migrate to Orgins at later time, hopefully it wont be abonded :)

> Then don't post here?

…Im trying to help to the best of my ability. Dont try and be a "tough" moderator. He asked for help, and I replied to the best of what I can. Pretty sure that's what I am suppose to do. I didnt say I had no coding knowledge whatsoever, I just said that I'm still a noob with it.

I wasn't completely guessing out of the blue, I had some idea of what I was saying. It was a stupid idea, but none the less, could work, unless Origins and Stable is setup different with scripting, which I'm pretty sure isn't that big a difference.

@Rilêy¿!¡:

> Oh yes, so its all source, which is always compatible with itself! I forgot, noob me. haha.

I wasn't trying to be "tough" (if I was, I wouldn't be on a forum filled with "video game makers"). Eclipse Origins is a rewrite, and has nearly nothing in common with Eclipse Stable. Just stop.

@Rilêy¿!¡:

> I wasn't completely guessing out of the blue, I had some idea of what I was saying. It was a stupid idea, but none the less, could work, unless Origins and Stable is setup different with scripting, which I'm pretty sure isn't that big a difference.

Refer to the above.

@Rilêy¿!¡:

> I wasn't completely guessing out of the blue

@Rilêy¿!¡:

> unless Origins and Stable is setup different with scripting

You don't even know that Origins doesn't have a scripting engine. Why the fuck did you think you know enough to help someone with migrating to the damn thing?

We have an unwritten rule here. If you don't know what you're talking about, shut your God damn mouth and let someone else deal with it.