Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I wrecked my car…

Celiru

Nonetheless, the photos are real, and I was thankfully okay, however, my car was not.
Two cars quickly stopped in front of me and my anti lock breaks did not well lock, this being said i flew into the car in front of me.

No drugs or drinking was involved, I mustve been in some sort of a thinking trance. It was really weird,
well, shit happens, and my car is a mess and I have lots of things to do, like go to court, pay my ticket OH and get my car fixed.

Enjoy!

![](http://i53.tinypic.com/2f064c9.jpg)

![](http://i56.tinypic.com/1687dli.jpg)

Illinois, US has a lot of safety precautions.
I more than likely have no ticket, I just have to go to court.
My cars towing which was dumb, because my family friend tow truck came a minute later and the cop wasn't cooperating costed me $150\.

The first car was, fine, the second cars anti freeze leaked and the bumper was torn.

My car has a cracked windshield, two deployed air bags, no engine fluid, the fender, the bumper and the general core of the transmission is dead, I need a new tailline and everything else.

Not to mention a new engine belt, at least two new tires for winter and countless other things.

Estimate about over $3250 in damages, for labor and for cheap parts.

GOOD THING I GOT 40 DOLLARS WORTH OF GAS 5 MINUTES PRIOR.

Yeah I wrecked my car on a full tank of gas too. XD

That sucks, atleast you're alright though. Hopefully you won't get too much legal trouble about it, although usually if you're the one who does the hit you'll have the most "blame" placed on you even if you weren't at fault.

Edit: ICT, depending on the car you don't need to go that fast. I was going about 20 mph and hit a parked car sort of sideways, but just the way it hit it messed my front end enough that it was cost prohibitive to fix.
:icon_alabanza:

@Zetta:

> cars are meant to crunch on impact; it decreases impulse

This.

My last accident was about 6 months ago, I had a full tank of gas too >_>
The prick pulled out of a street as I went past, hit my side-on. Then a week after I go it back, I was parked on a hill and the hand-break of another car up the hill failed, rolled down and hit my car… such terrible luck.

At least you're okay, that's the main thing. I know what you mean about the trance thing aswell, you sort of zone out and don't really notice what happens.

Court for a traffic collision? That's shitty.

@Funky:

> GOOD THING I GOT 40 DOLLARS WORTH OF GAS 5 MINUTES PRIOR.

@Anna:

> Yeah I wrecked my car on a full tank of gas too. XD

hmm that always seems to happen to everyone I know, they fill their tanks and bam wreck or it breaks down.

Could be one of the reasons I never fill up :P lol.

sucks you wrecked it though.

@ÅÐмiядζ:

> That sucks dude; yeah, I know what you mean about the anti-lock breaks well, not breaking like they should >_<

Implying the driver is not responsible for looking thru the windshield.

@[PIE:

> Rodriguez link=topic=66186.msg713127#msg713127 date=1289926587]
> @ÅÐмIядζ:
>
> > That sucks dude; yeah, I know what you mean about the anti-lock breaks well, not breaking like they should >_<
>
> You do realize that he was blaming them for NOT locking … that is what they are designed to do.
>
> - Adulese

Yeah, I know how that came out.
What I meant to say though, was that my 20-year-old car with no ABS stops when I want it to, depending on how hard I press the peddle; if I need the slam my breaks on, the wheels lock and the car usually stops in that last-second moment.
With my other car that has the anti-locking breaks, I can press that peddle down as hard as I want, the ABS system will slowly apply the breaks to prevent the wheels from locking – this means the car continues forward, usually into what you were trying to prevent it from hitting.

So I guess to rephrase, " I know what you mean about the anti-lock breaks well, not breaking immediately like the older cars >_<"

I wasnt going more than twenty, and yes ABS lock system means it fucks you over, so you know Kusy.

oh well, shit happens is all I can say, mistakes are meant to happen. however, i wish it was the 60's80's where cars came and gone cheap and you can wreck a car and not have to worry long term.

• 1 month later...