• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it worth it to buy Realm Crafter?

Valon328

@Stephan:

> @Robin:
>
> > >implying anyone on here can make a 3D game by themselves with Unity.
>
> For people who actually know programming, but don't want to bother writing an entire library or framework, I'd recommend either Irrlicht or Ogre3D. Then again, you will only have the logic, which is only one of the many things you need.
>
> @☻Valon☻:
>
> > Can someone please tell me what type of software/thing is needed to make 3D models with? (I don't know how to word it in google…) I found one that's called Milkshape 3D, and another called anim8or, does anyone know if they work (and how do I import it) onto the game?
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Bought Realm Crafter... Now I wish I used the money to get those Eclipse Origins stuff instead. o-o (because I can hardly find any tutorials on Realm Crafter)
>
> A list of [3D computer graphics software](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_computer_graphics_software). I forgot what model formats (3DS, X, etc.) are supported by Realm Crafter though.
>
> Regards,
>   Stephan.

Thanks Godlord! I think I saw that they use 3DS (or something close to that word)

@☻Valon☻:

> Bought Realm Crafter… Now I wish I used the money to get those Eclipse Origins stuff instead. o-o (because I can hardly find any tutorials on Realm Crafter)

What did you expect? You can't just magically make a 2D MMORPG. Imagine how it'd be doing all the 3D logic as well. Knowing your own abilities is an important part of starting a project. It's safe to say that you've wasted your cash.

@Robin:

> @☻Valon☻:
>
> > Bought Realm Crafter… Now I wish I used the money to get those Eclipse Origins stuff instead. o-o (because I can hardly find any tutorials on Realm Crafter)
>
> Knowing your own abilities is an important part of starting a project. It's safe to say that you've wasted your cash.

Wow just cause he didn't waste his cash ON YOU, you tell him he wasted cash on that. WN is a major waste of cash, nothing ever will be good from that. Atleast in RC, he can make money, not on your piece of garbage. Download EE 2.7, delete half of the code and you get the same thing.

@☺☻☺:

> Wow just cause he didn't waste his cash ON YOU, you tell him he wasted cash on that. WN is a major waste of cash, nothing ever will be good from that. Atleast in RC, he can make money, not on your piece of garbage. Download EE 2.7, delete half of the code and you get the same thing.

Your kinda dumb, I think its cute :)

He was agreeing that the person should check if something is within their abilities before spending money on it. It was not al ALL a plug for Orgins, or had anything to do with Orgins.

Silly rabbit.

@☺☻☺:

> Download EE 2.7, delete half of the code and you get the same thing.

And yet you're still using it! Not only that, you've just proved to every single prospective customer of yours that you have no idea about any of the differences between EE and EO. The fact that the core systems are completely different seems to have slipped past you, and if that's the case then it's safe to say all you're good for is selling EO conversions of 5-year old buggy systems.

wtf happened to my text after what I quoted..

(edit)
Your kinda dumb, I think its cute :)

He was agreeing that the person should check if something is within their abilities before spending money on it. It was not al ALL a plug for Orgins, or had anything to do with Orgins.

Silly rabbit.

(That was my post. Got stuck up IN the quotes somehow..)

Off Topic

RC and EO are awesome.
They are completely different engines.
They should never be grouped in any way.
I agree with Robin, knowing your skills and limits will make a difference.
You may have the best idea for a game ever, but just because you can afford an engine and understand how to install it means nothing.
People need to learn to start at the bottom…
Either join a team or make a smaller project first.

On Topic
RC IS worth it if you are willing to learn it and have the skill to produce something with it. The basic models are all there but like RMXP with ever 2d engine, they get old. If you go with RC you will definately want at least one model designer/animator it not a team of them. You can however purchase more(again they can become tacky).

@DrNova:

> Can use Blender for 3d stuff. I've tinkered with it, isnt bad

Blender's great. Not to mention it can animate an object with physics during the rendering. For example, running water flooding a basin or a cube of jelly hitting the floor. And it can export in most formats. Plus it is free. ;D

- Adulese