Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Started as Nipple Piercing , Ended As Jesus is an Alien

Draken

So yeah I've been thinking about getting my nips pierced. I was wondering if anyone here has them done can answer a few questions.

No, I,m not going to ask if it hurts, Its a long piece of metal going threw you nipple of course it hurts.

Mainly wondering about upkeep right after its done and how offend does it get caught on stuff?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine got his caught on a dress shirt, but that has buttons. I had no idea a guy could scream at such a high pitch lol. I had my left ear pierced once for halloween (was a pirate captain, wore a big hoop). Didn't really care for it to be honest, but I am more of a tattoo kind of guy.

Piercings aren't really a major decision in my mind as when you have to go to work or whatever, you just take the ring out and go about your business. Tattoos on the other hand…well you know the drill lol. I recommend getting them in an easily concealable place and telling no one at your place of work. Below the elbow and above the shoulder are generally no-nos in most work dress codes (even the burger joints). It is definitely a major decision but if you're happy with it and you like it, you won't have any regrets. My best advice is to shop around, even if you have to go out-state. I notice you're in Texas though, so you might find more luck by just going into the city if you rent already there. You want someone to really know what they are doing. In fact, here are some points for you to bring up when you interview the artist (ja, interview, I am serious) -

* How do they sterilize their equipment? Is it disposable or do they autoclave? - I recommend disposable and you request they open EVERYTHING in front of you.
* A photo album of their previous works. ANY reputable parlor has a big book of photos of tattoos they've done. If they don't, go elsewhere
* Do they do customs? I.E. will they tattoo what you draw? If you pick from the wall it isn't a big issue, but if you want something uniquely yours (and you do), be sure they do that. A skillful tattoo artist will do anything put in front of him. New places or places full of wannabes will just tattoo what is up on their wall. See my second point again, this is a big indicator
* PRICE! Ja, the almighty dollar. Be prepared to pay good money for anything worth having permanently (not really, but removal is painful and several times more expensive than getting one) inked into your body. Nothing good will be cheap, but you shouldn't be afraid to haggle.
* Think a looooooong time what you want. Remember, it isn't technically permanent, but at the same time, are you prepared to pay a dermatologist 10 big ones to remove a tattoo you aren't happy with?

I think tattoos are awesome and if someone wants one, they should get one. But there is no excuse for not being educated about it. And to answer the age old quest of does it hurt? Ja, it hurts. I will not lie it does hurt. But it really depends on where you get it. Sensitive areas are your front body, areas with little muscle or fat between the skin and the bone and so on. You cannot whisk away the fact that someone is jabbing needles into your skin at a very fast rate, but it isn't unbearable by any stretch of the imagination.

@Draken:

> yea I already got my left ear done twice. Im thinking of nipples and left eyebrow.
>
> also trying to figure out what tats I want to get.

Could you choose more feminine piercings? Guys look terrible with eyebrow piercings.. as for the nipple.. I'd advise during the healing process to put like a bandage above them so that they don't get caught in the early phase. It'll really hurt before they heal. As for maintenance.. i'd say just about the same as any other piercing. Just keep it clean, and don't play with them to much, but make sure you rotate the rings a lil so they don't crust up.

King Kold. I solved all those problems for when i want a tattoo, I just do them myself. Or I got this guy Eric Marcineze(sp?), OUTSTANDING, I'd let him just start free-handing on me. I'll have to get a pic of my friends memorial to his mom, he let Eric freehand a good bit of it.
But for sure, research the parlors first, ask around to people you know, and have gotten tattoo's from those people.

Haha ja, doing it yourself definitely cuts cost and worry. A good tattoo kit is going to run you between $200-300\. A decent economy-grade kit will be about $150 or so. I'd love to tattoo myself, but I'd have to find a way to practice first. I hear there are sheets of special rubber you can buy to practice, I've seen them around too but overall it looks like it can get expensive quick. I mean if you don't want your tattoo to fade in a few years you'll need some good ink.

Maybe I'll save up for a good kit lol. Believe it or not, criminal and prison tattoos initially got me interested in tattoos and tattooing, but I wouldn't be stupid enough to sport a tattoo like that.

Sorry for kinda hijacking this topic :D@King-Kold:

> Haha ja, doing it yourself definitely cuts cost and worry. A good tattoo kit is going to run you between $200-300\. A decent economy-grade kit will be about $150 or so. I'd love to tattoo myself, but I'd have to find a way to practice first. I hear there are sheets of special rubber you can buy to practice, I've seen them around too but overall it looks like it can get expensive quick. I mean if you don't want your tattoo to fade in a few years you'll need some good ink.
>
> Maybe I'll save up for a good kit lol. Believe it or not, criminal and prison tattoos initially got me interested in tattoos and tattooing, but I wouldn't be stupid enough to sport a tattoo like that.

yeah.. well the fake skin.. Not worth it at all.. Very shitty, doesn't feel like real skin, and is VERY hard to actually tattoo on. For practice I just get my friends to tattoo on, if it doesn't come out well, they know that when i'm better I'd fix it for them. Also, you can always tattoo on yourself, Legs have Alot of space.

@King-Kold:

> I wonder how a very firm and opaque ballistics gel would do? I was watching NatGeo last night and this dude was tattooing his legs by himself. Was in prison but he was doing really well. Some of the best and worst tattoos usually come out of the joint.

You just gave a range of EVERYONE…

hrm... idk about a ballistics gel, depends on how the ink would bleed in it. also.. isn't it kinda expensive?

Gelatin is gelatin, it is the same thing as what you get in the little box at the store. There are some hardeners added, epoxy compounds I think. Though nowdays they have the thermal transfer papers that you can put the outline right on the skin, it is getting pretty foolproof. Shading is what gets people.

for the whole thing about finding the right place to get it done. Um im okay. Ill just take some rusty nails and do it myself.

lol

no really my friend does this stuff for a living and ive seen his work so going to get him to do it. all i gotta buy is fresh needles and some ink for my tats

Piercings beyond the standard earrings is definitely a personal choice. I've known dudes that have a lot of piercings but they are squeamish about tattoos and visa versa (I am squeamish about piercings myself). I had it done that one time for my ear and I couldn't imagine getting one elsewhere. But then again maybe the piercer wasn't that great, the needle might have been a bit dull or it just might be that I am a wimpy viking. The world may never know…

![](http://www.apollopony.net/images/tootsie_pop.jpg)