Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse in a Web Browser (updated 1/4/11)

Homicidal Monkey

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was creating a client not a client-server combo.  I wanted my client to work with all the games that already had been developed, after those individuals added their own features and be able to utilize the current server, maps, and everything, just be written in Java so it could be embedded and multi-platform.

@314piwm:

> ah well.  I suppose that was back when I was try to draw the ES way.  With huge tilesets that didn't fit into RAM.  Anyways, I ended up using JOGL.

you do know that Java support png, right?

Also, you dynamically load them. It is beyond simple to dynamically allocate something in Java. HashMaps/HashTables/Vectors/LinkedLists/Stacks

Yes, and yes
I did both of those.

the 10 default tilesets, optimized in png format, plus all the other graphics didn't fit.

In my version of EO I was using a hashmap for the graphics, using a class that contained an opengl texture and a variable for the time it would be removed from ram.

@314piwm:

> well the fact that I got terrible AWT speed might have something to do with my junky graphics card.

Im using an Intel Mobile G Series 4 (3.2 Windows score)

Changelog (for next update):
-removed limitations on NPCs, Player, MapItems, Items, etc
-optimized Image Cache system
-reduced ram consumption (~20mb max)
-reduced cpu overhead
-improved FPS (I get 500 now as opposed to 333)

OP is updated with this

Check OP for updated client.
```

```**Instructions**
Download modded EO (See OP) and run "Server-modded.exe"
Client is embedded on OP
```

```Please report back with FPS, OS, and java version (if you know how to get it)

I get 500fps (Windows7 32bit, Java 1.6.0_22 32bit) and 500fps (Ubuntu 10.10, Java 1.6.0_20 64 bit)

Looks awesome Zetta :), btw the messagebox's will pop up on the main monitor even if the client is running on another monitor. Not really a issue but thought id let you know. Its kind of wierd but awesome that it will run fine in the browser without the library files.