Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Reiners Tilesets

Rob Janes

I'm unsure if anyone ever linked this before but
Reiner's Tileset (Royalty Free) is a great place to get some good media, the downside is that it's commonly used so you will most likely be sharing those graphics with hundreds of other games out there

http://reinerstileset.4players.de/environmentE.html

Good regardless though!

Yeah @SamuGames:

> Would appear as though Ambardia is using Reiners Tilesets ;) Again, the joys of royalty free artwork, sadly it means multiple products can have the same graphics.
>
> FYI, looking for a 'cheap' or 'fair' experienced tile artist ;)  PM me. Heh.

but I think Ambard got some custom ones made, and even if the graphics are free you still shouldn't rip them from other peoples projects

"but I think Ambard got some custom ones made, and even if the graphics are free you still shouldn't rip them from other peoples projects"

Agreed ;) However there are plenty of ORPGs out there using Reiner's work, not just Ambardia, so anyone choosing to use these tiles, shouldn't feel bad because they're used in Ambardia.  That's the purpose of royalty free work ;)

@Jeff:

> Ambardia doesn't use Reiner's only, it also uses some custom.  Also, not all of them are Isometric.

And the custom are not even custom, they are just poser models with props slapped on them.

Poser is easier to use than spriting, im amazed more people don't do their sprites in it.

Ambardia mainly just uses the character sprites from Reiners. I have purchased about 40% of the models from DAZ and the rest are indeed custom images I created.
  I used to have a link to a complete reiner tile sets I set up just for eclipse but Reiner asked me kindly to remove them according to his terms of use. They are free to use but not free to redistribute.
  They are a great set to start from.

@Kinjiru:

> No you dont just go steal ambardias tilesets, what the hell is wrong with you.

Ambard had puted free tilesets on his website free to use.Im not sayng download the game and rip them.But now I see he had removed them.