Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Asteroids clone

unknown

I was bored so I made a simple HTML5 asteroids clone :P Arrow keys to move, space to shoot. I'm going to be adding levels, and highscores sometime.. Let me know what you think! If you want the uncompiled source send me a PM.

[Click here to play!](http://www.raymondcox.net/asteroids.html)
Does not work in IE < 9

![](http://I.imgur.com/w3Zg3.png)

Thanks MrMinguu! It means a lot coming from you, you're one of the reasons I came to Eclipse (because of your awesome scrolling engine).

230 is the highest score (for now).. Levels will be added eventually. It started off as a learning expierence but I feel like I can make the best HTML5 asteroids game and I want to.

IE9 is the only IE it works in* Other IE's don't support Canvas but they can (via excanvas) I just don't really want to support it because it would be slow.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

For now you can just spin around in a circle and win it lol.. In the near future (when I add levels, slow down the gun, and speed up asteroids) that won't be the case.

I'll also update it so it's the same difficulty regardless of your window size lol.

I've had an issue on a keyboard where something similar happened except it was only the left arrow key while firing.. I googled the issue and realized it was my (and most) keyboards fault. I suspect something similar is happening here.

Thanks for posting, I'll look deeper into it.

HTML5 is a very cool technology, and what I believe to be the future of rich content on the web (which is a major reason why I'm developing in it).

For anyone that cares, I have still been working on Asteroids a bit in my free time.. I've done the following since posting it
- Made shooting more accurate and graphically pleasing
- Better rock splitting calculation
- Actual FPS calculation
- Major refactoring; the ability to easily add color the different elements and customize difficulty
- Huge speed & memory enhancements

Right now I'm working on
- Different shaped asteroids
- Slowing down the ship firing speed to a reasonable rate
- Making the game difficulty consistent regardless of window size
- Adding levels or maybe spawning more rocks as time goes on
- High scores

It's a fun little project, so I'll continue to work on it when I have time