Find results in...

New record.

Robin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For 'Serious' developers, Eclipse utilizing DX8 is a better choice over G2D merely for the fact that it includes source code which results in limitless possibilities.  G2D is a good engine, do not get me wrong, and for those without any programming experience, it may even be a better choice.  Eclipse isn't suppose to do all of the work for you, it's merely a starting point to build upon.

Go troll elsewhere.

PS: kthxbai.

@SamuGames:

> For 'Serious' developers, Eclipse utilizing DX8 is a better choice over G2D merely for the fact that it includes source code which results in limitless possibilities.  G2D is a good engine, do not get me wrong, and for those without any programming experience, it may even be a better choice.  Eclipse isn't suppose to do all of the work for you, it's merely a starting point to build upon.
>
> Go troll elsewhere.
>
> PS: kthxbai.

Yes, I realise that Eclipse offers source code. But with it's current stability by the time you get it stable enough to do any kind of source edit 12 new released have come out and your version is obsolete. Also, I'm not trolling. I'm merely confronting Eclipse about the feature theft I'm noticing and it seems you all aren't mature enough to defend yourselves. You seem to just immediatly rage.

This community provides a source code base for people to work on, we provide a completed engine without source code - it is a very different kettle of fish. And besides, we have four dedicated developers working on G2D/G2Dx8 up to 5 days a week, here - Robin has Robin.

To be honest, if Robin can accomplish even a quarter of what we have done by himself, I'd be pretty impressed.

@Terraun:

> Yes, I realise that Eclipse offers source code. But with it's current stability by the time you get it stable enough to do any kind of source edit 12 new released have come out and your version is obsolete. Also, I'm not trolling. I'm merely confronting Eclipse about the feature theft I'm noticing and it seems you all aren't mature enough to defend yourselves. You seem to just immediatly rage.

Feature theft?  They're engines.  This is the purpose of an engine.  To say it was stolen is a out-right lie.  If it was stolen source-code, perhaps.  But feature stolen, tell that to any MMO out there with quests, guilds, projectiles etc.

Don't try to act mature while trying to come off high and mighty without having some knowledge of what you're discussing.  It'll just hurt your reputation with the community here.

@Terraun:

> Why would anyone buy it? It's a complete rip of G2D except with most likely less stability. Congratz for idea theft.

Trollololol.

Feature theft? For me to steal a feature from you it would require your engine to actually exist back in the days of Mirage. It didn't because Chris was too busy getting banned from Elysium by yours truly.

I created the first DirectX8 port of Mirage back in '05 and I released the first open-source DirectX8 version of Mirage in '07\. During this time Chris was busy getting banned from every community around because of his tendencies to just steal everything and try and sell it on. You think he made Chaos because he wanted to? No. He was kicked out of anywhere he could have advertised his shit.

I'm not usually one for answering such obvious trolls, but hey, I like reminiscing about the past.

The simple fact is that I was the first to do a hell of a lot of things back in the day. Dynamic maps, DirectX8 graphics engine, resource harvesting, animated GUI, animated spells, visual bank, visual p2p trade, DirectX7 alpha blending, npc conversations, npc vs npc combat… I could go on.

I wasn't the administrator of Mirage, Elysium, Playerworlds, Essence _and_ OGC for no reason. If you seriously want to claim that I stole something from you then I suggest you actually go read up on your history. All you're doing right now is giving your engine a shitty reputation for being worked on by a bunch of butt-hurt kids who can't stand the competition.

Perhaps you should go back to programming rather than spending your free time registering on my forum trying to slap your e-peen around. It's rather unbecoming. ;]

**tl;dr:** I made the first DirectX8 version before you even had your forum software installed.

Ah! Here we go, I found them. I actually created a DirectX8 engine for my first ever game "NarutoRealm". Anyone who's anybody knows that this was my first ever real project and it was around between '05 and '06\. ;]

NEXT.

[http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/?action=view¤t=ScreenHunter_01Dec.png](http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/?action=view¤t=ScreenHunter_01Dec.png)
![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/ScreenHunter_01Dec.png)

[http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/?action=view¤t=ScreenHunter_02Dec.png](http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/?action=view¤t=ScreenHunter_02Dec.png)
![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/ScreenHunter_02Dec.png)

@Azure:

> Looks pretty good Robin. What features will you be leaving out? Will it be like an upgraded Essence? ("*doesn't see the trolls spreading propaganda*")

It's nothing to do with Essence apart from using a matured version of that graphics engine. At the moment it's literally just a clean copy of Origins v2 with a DX8 graphics engine.

I'm making my own personal games with it, so it'll have a few features which I think will work well. My dream quest system, for example.

I'll also be doing random things to prettify everything. Much easier to make things pretty when I'm running dx8.