Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When I hold down Shift to run I slow down

ElementalChaos

and I cant find out how to edit it so can I have some help please I have edited the speed so hes faster when he walks but the shift key is still in the way so can some one eather tell me how to fix the shift key so that I go fast or tell me how I can set the controls so that the shift key does nothing Please and thankyou :)

and when ever I let go of shift I seem to end up at the point I held shift down like if I were walking and I was to press the shift key I would slow down and walk and then if I let it go I would end up at the point that I started to hold the shift key down at and if I hold the shift key down and then walk into a warp or something I end up freezing and not being able to move at all so also how do I add a /refresh command or is it not needed for origins?

sorry if it is confusing :(

I think that in most 2D games, Im not sure, if its someone from Eclipse, or if I was playing an Eclipse game, Id try it, Im not sure, they could do it. Its not really necessary, in my opinion, once you see that you slow down, you **SHOULD** stop..

@_GameMaster_:

> ok well I guess when ever I post the game ill mention not to hold down the shift key xP

I'm finding it very hard to understand why people would come play your game with the idea that shift will make them run. Any game which has automatic running has a button which makes you walk.

The only people who'll be trying to use shift to run are people who've been using EE or ES. If they keep using it even though it makes them walk then they're idiots.

@Rainbow:

> Why would they think that?

Perhaps they think that because that's how it's coded.

This is in the client's CheckMovement sub()
```
' Check if player has the shift key down for running
            If ShiftDown Then
                Player(MyIndex).Moving = MOVING_RUNNING
            Else
                Player(MyIndex).Moving = MOVING_WALKING
            End If
```

@BillyM:

> Perhaps they think that because that's how it's coded.
>
> This is in the client's CheckMovement sub()
> ```
> ' Check if player has the shift key down for running
>             If ShiftDown Then
>                 Player(MyIndex).Moving = MOVING_RUNNING
>             Else
>                 Player(MyIndex).Moving = MOVING_WALKING
>             End If
> ```

Why would your players be looking at the source code?

@Zed:

> Why would your players be looking at the source code?

This topic turned into an argument.  If you read Gamemaster's initial post, he was trying to change the running speed, IN THE CODE.  But the code comment (refer to my post) was making it seemed like you would run faster if you held down shift.  Gamemaster thought he changed the speed and was still confused as to why he was moving SLOWER when he held down shift.  - I was explaining a possibility to how his confusion and the rest of the confusion of this whole topic got completely confused.  Hahaha.  =)