Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jcsnider's Feature Shop!

jcsnider

jcsnider's Feature Shop - Changing the programming shop trend!

Info:
Some of you may know me, some may not. I am jcsnider… I have been here for several years (I arrived back when TE was just beginning and the switch from the neon green forum was occurring). Anyways I am attempting a programming shop has several have tried so far but aiming mine to cover some of the bigger features that others have not furthermore I am going to be asking for opinions of what I should make and see how many people agree versus doing custom work for everybody. All payment is accepted though paypal and in the USD.

Features:

Pets ($25 USD - Will Install For You):

>! I have already designed and created a pet system. This is made in EO 2.0 Beta.
To show off, here is a Youtube video of the pet's in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-WIzzwCTg0
>! **Features:**
>! * Pets that can be summoned by items and spells.
* Pet attack options for attacking on sight, playing defensive or not attacking while taking damage.
* Pet spells, AOE, damage, healing, stun all work!
* Pet menu for easy access to pet options.
* Pet editor for variety of pet options while include set stats or adopting the summoners stats.
* Easy to control interface using right mouse to select pet targets and tell it where to go!
* Pet Spells can be Put into the Hotbar for easy use!
* More!
>! **Trials:**
If you wish to try this system you can download the full version here which only has a time limitation.
Pet System 1.1 Trial: http://www.mediafire.com/?f65p3k5k3b7iv6d
>! This systemcosts $25 USD. Payment will be made to me through paypal please contact me through PM or MSN: [email protected] if interested.

Vouches:
Ambard
Kibbelz

I will add features bought from me into your games however, there will be extra charge of 5$ USD.

Thanks Dxxknight.

I may very well create that system if it gets a few more supporters. I have also been asked to do a quest system so not sure what I will do first.

I have gotten another promo video for the pets up that shows more of the combat and also displays the pet system out of beta testing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-WIzzwCTg0

Any other suggestions? Anyone?

Looks really good mate a very well done pet system!

Looking at saving a few pennys and purchasing this pet system off you mate. One question tho, as Ive had a go at the test version but how do you summon from "Spell"? just couldn't find the option :P

Good work tho mate :)

Let me check up on that… the trial version is mainly a test to see if I could follow my own tutorial. I just double checked the spell editor and had forgotten to add the Pet option to the spell type list.

Anyways, I am currently uploading the fixed trial version and thank you for finding the bug!

New Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?06bbdke6iivrak2
(Updating first post now)

There were no server changes so everything should work find if you just copy over the client.exe

@jcsnider:

> Let me check up on that… the trial version is mainly a test to see if I could follow my own tutorial. I just double checked the spell editor and had forgotten to add the Pet option to the spell type list.
>
> Anyways, I am currently uploading the fixed trial version and thank you for finding the bug!
>
> New Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?06bbdke6iivrak2
> (Updating first post now)
>
> There were no server changes so everything should work find if you just copy over the client.exe

Thanks for update dude, and no problem. At work at the moment but when I get in I will chck your new trail, which is a good idea for people to test your software :)

BTW People, try the trail and I guarantee you will love jcsnider pet system :D

Was also wondering if it would be hard to put in a level system for pets? As in they gain exp and level up(could also add evolving when get to specific level)… But just a idea for ya mate but not sure how that would affect the party system for sharing exp

Cheers

@Hammer, thanks for the find I literally had to add the ".pet" to where it removes the spells to fix it :D
Also, I never attempted or intended to use the hotbar with the pet's spells ;)

The new trial is already up (again) with Hammer's bug fixed.
http://www.mediafire.com/?jauwv8o5vrkfnn6

Updating the first post now ^^.

Thank you all for trying out the system and especially for finding the few more bugs that remained past the beta period.

As for your leveling question. At this point, if you set the pet to adopt player stats the pet will continually adopt the player stats for example if the player levels up then so would the pet. Same with the stats like strength and endurance. If you were to set the pets stats on your own then it would not level up or anything.

Now to actually answer your question. The pet system starts with the editor however after that the pet's sprite, stats and spells are just stored in the player rec so yes. Making it so the pet levels up from it's fighting and eventually even some evolution system is possible and, depending on who you talk to, quite easy to do. The party system would not get into the way at all but would require a few edits depending on your plans.

Thanks for answering my question mate :)

Think I might have to look into getting this pet system off ya. Looks really well done! Would be cool if the “Pet Spells” were able to be placed into the hotbar aswell, but shouldn’t be to hard to add really?

I was wondering though if/what you would charge to add my question into your pet system? With pets being able to level up and gain exp from killing MoBs (that is if you wanted to do this, not really needed as your pet system is sound just would be a nice difference).

Im just learning VB and still getting stuck on stupid things which is slowing down my project, so don’t mind spending the coin on good hard work from yourself and the likes of others from eclipse, as in the end everyone is happy lol as I get things done quicker and ppl like yourself make some hard earned coin :D

I am just about to head out to school now. When I get back I will look into the hotbar possibility, I just really need to find a way to show that it is a pet spell versus a normal one.

Secondly the pet's leveling up would not be hard exp gain like I said is easy. The details are what decides how much time it would take. A few questions for you, would you want to have pet stat points and have the player be able to add points to stats? Would you want evolutions as you mentioned in your first question? Both of those would be the kickers. Overall no more than 5$ tacked on to the original cost.

Thanks for quick reply dude, and unlucky about just starting school for the day lol. Im just about to finish work and its been a long day so far (So thank F*ck lol) but hope your day will fly for ya :P

For your question mate, I think it would be best for players to be able to add stat points to their leveled pets. This will allow players more freedom to what type of pet they want (Tank, Healer…ect)

What I was meaning by evolutions was basically a visual change. As in when a pet levels up to just say 10, the pet will evolve and change its sprite (and possible get additional stats to add). But this is just a idea off the top of my head. Would be handy for pokemon games( in defo not making apokemon game, just see a few other members who are making one and this would do thema  treat) so if you code that in you may get more people wanting to purchase :D

But gunna check funding after work and will let you know if I can get this off ya. So just to make sure it would be:

+ $20USD for pet system
+ $5USD for pet level & stats system with evolution?

Total: $25USD

Or is the pet level system and eveolution two different add on to purchase? :P

Was also wondering if you do private coding at all for $$$, as in if I PM ya a few features to see if its possible to add would you give me a price range?

Cool if not mate and thanks alot for this awesome purchasable feature :D

On a seperate note:
@jcsnider:

> I am just about to head out to school now. When I get back I will look into the hotbar possibility, I just really need to find a way to show that it is a pet spell versus a normal one.

What I was thinking is that pets only have a maximum of 4 Spells, so could make a seperate hotbar for pets, just with 4 Pics (one for each spell) and have it appear when a pet is summoned. With that though you would have to make it so the hotkey F commands where used with a press… As in a player has to hold "SHIFT" and click/press "F1-F4" to cast pet spell? then just normal click/press F commands for player spell.

Other than that I can only think of putting a simbol or sign (or just a complete different Image for pet spell Icons) in the hotbar?

Cheers

Thanks mate, I will send you a PM later on today after I've finished work and whipped up a list :P

But I’m sure we will be able to work something good out.

Also $25USD for "Pet System" with levelling and stats is a brilliant deal! Surprised more people aren’t spamming you for this lol.

Again thanks mate

Yea, no problem. If you by chance have Windows Live Messenger send me your email in the PM? That is always the best way to communicate with me about specifics.

Otherwise I am working on a modification to the CURRENT hotbar so it can house pet spells and player spells. However I am still attempting on finding a good way to really display which are which.

@jcsnider hey thats good o dont find any bug in this releace… i nee try more.. i mean the hot bar becouse is more dinamic and make more personalizable and easy have the control in the hot var

sorry my english not native
also good system

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
No one is spamming for the pet, because a free source has been released by lighting lol but before that this was a sweet deal I must admit what you may want to do is make a recruitment system since there are many pokemon game makers on the forum *Wink*

• 9 months later...
This topic is well over 6 months old.. Locking this to prevent people from keeping it up here. Jcsnider can always request to have it unlocked should he feel there is a need to.

Sonic, please don't dig up posts if you can from here on.