Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't think We're made that way.

Chief

So, Ive been getting more and more interested in drawing with my tablet, so I decided to study Anatomy.

Am I any good yet? Not at all, but I aim to improve. I have posted on ConceptArt.org, and had one super helpful reply, and I got some great references from Wraith, so here we go.

Attempt/Fail #1:
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3513/anatomy2.png
(This is actually attempt number 2\. Attempt 1 was horrid, and I didnt use any referencing or anything)
And yes, that does look like a mudkip on his torso… Don't ask.

I'm no expert in anatomy but I can point out a few things for ya that could help. :embarrassed:

Your forearms are a little rectangular, it should have some curvature, getting a little skinnier around the wrists.

Torso could use work but I'm pretty sure you know that.

Other than that, it looks fine. I'm sure with practice and reference you'll do good.

I took an anatomy class in college my sophomore year and this might help you out. Try drawing it one body layer at a time.. Start with the joints, draw lines connecting all the joints and put little circles where the joints go, then draw the bones, then after bones comes the muscles. Then ones you have all that you can draw the skin around it.. We are in layers, almost like you have layers when you do pixel art or any kind of drawing.. thought that might help put it in a perspective that would help. GL.

@Chief:

> Devo, i didnt use the pen tool.
>
> Kyoghin, The rectangle-ness of it isnt a problem. Its still all proportions thats getting me.

oh sorry, maybe it's the copying one side and mirrroring it and pasting it to make up the other half of the body that gave that appearance. Great to save time, but unfortunately human bodies are not 100 percent symmetrical, and because your figure is perfectly symmetrical on both sides it loses some depth.

It looks good for a 1st attempt. Only thing I see wrong is the legs are too short, the mid torso area seems very strange to me, the forearms are larger then the biceps, and the wrists are way too thick. You should start a sketchbook on conceptart.org like a cool kid :D