Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO]Chat drawn to screen!

evilbunnie

@Ryoku:

> lower right of VB6, there is a properties window, at the bottom of that is the "Visible" property, set it to False.
>
> In my game I have it set up to show the chatbox when you use a bank , store , or trade.
>
> Also if your going to draw the chat to the screen I would suggest making the screen bigger.

Alright, but one last thing: I tried making the screen bigger, and I folllowed the tut to do it, and it stretches the text out as well as the picscreen, it looks all disoriented.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Whackeddie99:

> Alright, but one last thing: I tried making the screen bigger, and I folllowed the tut to do it, and it stretches the text out as well as the picscreen, it looks all disoriented.

You need to delete the maps in the map's folder, both client and server.

@Ryoku:

> not in this case… getting rid of the chat box isn't a good idea, too may things are tied to it.

I suppose that's what the problem is. People go messing with things and aren't really skilled enough to rewrite the code so that they can remove things without breaking it.

@Aáron:

> I meant the line's of code with txtMyChat in them. :/

Yes you could if you want to get rid of the chatbox that is originally there so you only have the on screen chat.Also it won't break anything because i did it before.

I think this has been brought up before about the topic, but can someone tell me how to make "word wrapping", so that if the text gets too long it doesn't go off of the picScreen and be unseen, instead it goes to the next line? Or if you want to teach me something give me a 'noob lesson' about how its done :D

~~Hey guys, how could you make the chat box not show unless you use the bank or something. then after your done it disappears again?

I just got the chat box hidden away and minimized in the corner of the screen so you can't see it so i could make the picscreen bigger.~~

I was looking in to things to deeply before i finally realized a toddler could do it :d

@Captain:

> Let's just leave a whole unused system that will just continue you eat up un-needed resources.

> implying a simple chat system eats up much resources.

Besides, you could do what I did, and make it so that you have the option to switch between rendering text, or using the chatbox. xD

For people who are looking to add this feature to their projects to completely replace the original chat then i highly recommend you do the following.

Go to FrmMain and double click the txtChat.

Find:
```
' If debug mode, handle error then exit out
    If Options.Debug = 1 Then On Error GoTo errorhandler
```
Now below that add:
```
'Decides if txtchat is visable
    txtChat.Visible = False
```
This will simply make the txtchat not visible and it will pop up when you using the bank or trading.

• 1 month later...
Hate to bring this up, but I am using this because I like text on screen. I found a glitch though. It's very weird.

If one person makes a new account, and logs on it says so and so has joined Resurrect! Then if you log off, and log back onto another account or make another new one, you see messages from that previous account. so it says on screen

so and so has joined Resurrect!
Welcome to Resurrect!
so and so has logged out
so and so 2 has joined Resurrect!
Welcome to Resurrect!

it shows messages from other people. Any suggestions.

• 1 month later...