Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse is being shut down

Robin

True, but turning an even somewhat productive site to a My Little Pony fansite is beyond my beliefs. I'll simply deny any possibilities of truth in this obvious joke until it doesn't exist anymore, which of course, will be tomorrow. Or today I suppose, I wrote this so late its already April 2nd. I'm actually surprised at how many people bought this. I found it pretty funny.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't say "I want to develop and continue making Eclipse" I now I can't. But there is people who want to still make games with Latest Eclipse. Others want to make true game and they can't talk about this engine because forum is closed. So I can make new forum, only for talk tutorials etc. If someone want to develop Eclipse - is his/her choice. It cost you nothing to give me (or other user) all tutorials and important questions & answers.

@Piteq:

> I don't say "I want to develop and continue making Eclipse" I now I can't. But there is people who want to still make games with Latest Eclipse. Others want to make true game and they can't talk about this engine because forum is closed. So I can make new forum, only for talk tutorials etc. If someone want to develop Eclipse - is his/her choice. It cost you nothing to give me (or other user) all tutorials and important questions & answers.

lol… have a pony and hush.

[April Joke??](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Little_Pony#My_Little_Pony_in_popular_culture)

> My Little Pony, being amongst the most popular toy lines of all time, is regularly referred to in various media.
>
> Perhaps most prominently, the ponies have had several "cameo" appearances in movies and TV shows, including two Robot Chicken shorts, several appearances in the Cartoon Network show Dexter's Laboratory, and Veronica Mars. My Little Pony toys also make an appearance in G4's show Action Blast!, Cartoon Network's The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Boy Meets World and The OC. In the 2007 Transformers film, a My Little Pony toy appears as a reference to Hasbro, who owns the license for both the My Little Pony and Transformers franchises. The toys are also mentioned in the films Meet the Robinsons and Nickelodeon's original movie Spectacular!, which includes one actor, Venus Terzo, who also does voiceovers on the My Little Pony TV series. References to My Little Pony also appear in the Backyard Sports series of video games.
>
> Nicknames and gags related to My Little Pony have been created that refer to several prominent people. Radio talk-show host Laura Ingraham refers to former Senator John Edwards as "Silky Pony" and plays the My Little Pony theme music when discussing stories about Edwards. Jonathan I. Schwartz, the CEO of Sun Microsystems, has been given the nickname MLP by Daniel Lyons. In 2005, when US President George W. Bush nominated Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court of the United States, political cartoonist Steve Sack drew a cartoon depicting Bush brushing a pony toy with false eyelashes under the title "My Little Crony", since it was recently after the dismissal of Michael D. Brown for failing to handle the Hurricane Katrina crisis.
>
> **Wizards of the Coast, Something Positive, and Slashdot have all referenced My Little Pony in gags and April Fools jokes.**

@Rainbow:

> We closed down Eclipse over a day ago. -_- Go read your calendar.

Ever heard of timezones? Yesterday it could be the 1st in some place where it was the 31st here, and it is the 2nd in some places in the world today and GMT is 16:00 (right now) and were on the first, so go get a swedish calender and then read it, or even a jamaican calender!

@Bloodless:

> Ever heard of timezones? Yesterday it could be the 1st in some place where it was the 31st here, and it is the 2nd in some places in the world today and GMT is 16:00 (right now) and were on the first, so go get a swedish calender and then read it, or even a jamaican calender!

People like joo make me wish this would last forever. ;)

@Bloodless:

> Ever heard of timezones? Yesterday it could be the 1st in some place where it was the 31st here, and it is the 2nd in some places in the world today and GMT is 16:00 (right now) and were on the first, so go get a swedish calender and then read it, or even a jamaican calender!

Ryan, Eclipse has been shut down for over a day now. If it was an April Fools then it would have been reverted by now, regardless of time zone. Your logic is pathetic.

> Touch of Death has a long-standing history as the premier source of open-source 2D MMORPG game development software. Recently, with the retirement of the head developer, we've decided that it's time for us to accept what we've become - A fan site for My Little Pony. We hope that everypony will join us in this fantastic endeavour.

Copied from the homepage, its just too funny to read this :P
Also just sad you start a 1april joke 1day too early.

Ps. Shouldnt the eclipse newbie rang now be New pony or something like that? XD

Anyway, if its still shut down at 10th I will start to believe it. I also agree with kibbelz!