Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Graphic Development Programs/Tools?

Icie Juicy

After working with a few flaky graphic artists/designers on various projects I figured I would try my hand at developing some graphics instead.

Anyways, I'm wondering what tools and programs you guys would suggest for me to begin working with. I have Photoshop CS5 and I've played around with it a little. **Currently I'm looking to create a few planet graphics and terrain maps**. Eventually I'll be expanding into other graphic development, if I'm able to become skilled enough at it.

Appreciate the help and let me know if this is the wrong section.  :cheesy:

Planets + Terrains = Cinema4D
Logos / Sigs = Adobe Indesign / Illustrator / Photoshop Cs5

I recommend Indesign primarily if you want to make it a bit more fun.

Photoshop goes hand in hand with Cinema4D, even allows importation of .PSD's and convert them to mesh etc, its very cool - and easy.

I just spent a little time checking out Cinema 4D, which looks amazing. However, the prices that I've found aren't exactly realistic for me at this point (up into the thousands). I also looked into Indesign which doesn't appear to be along the lines of what I'm looking for at this point, from the previews on Adobe's site. Illustrator does look more promising though and I'll look more into that.

@Devo:

> Sometimes paying for something is a good incentive to actually learn how it works and how to make the most out of it.

That's why I'm still using Origins. It kept me going since I actually invested money into WN, but it was worth it in the end. Has taught me a lot and Adobe isn't worth the money unless your a business if you ask me.

Lol like devo said graphic designing is best used with Cinema 4d man i love using that program u can literally create anything  examples:  the first i call it stealth jet the second is just examples of ilumination created by me.![](http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb410/eltonez/StealthJet.jpg)
![](http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb410/eltonez/Ball.jpg)

@Peteyyy:

> That's great if you have a spare couple of grand on you :p

More like $760  for the Bridge version ;)  $2,250 for the broadcast quality version, which in itself
is still very cheap as most broadcast quality stuff goes for 10k+

$760 is still alot for these youngins, I guess thats why the bright sparks invented torrents  :cheesy:

I'd prefer not to use a cracked or illegal copy of something, but I'd still like to find a quality program that is relatively inexpensive. Of course as quality goes up, so does price, so that statement is somewhat of an oxymoron. Anyways, if such a program does exist, let me know.