Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SuperBoxBoy // iPhone Android WP7 // TBD

Punika

![](http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/508/forumle.jpg)

Sometimes it's not important to make a game with a completely new and never seen before concept with tons of awesome features, a huge storyline, a team of 20 people and super awesome graphics.
Actually these games often fail and this fact made me think about the games wich really came out BIG.

**The reason why we play games**
The only reason why we all play games is that it's FUN! And with all the features and impression you get from modern games the fun looses it's focus.

**So what's so special about THIS game?**
Actually nothing. We took a well known concept from arcade games and added a modern flair to it.
Be a guy who has to rescue his girl from an evil enemy, collect coins, kill monsters, jump and run.

**Team & Infos**

* Konsty (GFX)
* Dominic (CODE)

* Engine (Custom in C#)

**Screenshots**
Version 0.1 / 14.04.2011 / Raw Engine Base

>! ![](http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/1383/winning.png)
Version 0.3 / 18.04.2011 / Weapon System & New Map

>! ![](http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2862/map2xq.png)
Version 0.5 / 05.05.2011 / 100% Engine & New Map

>! ![](http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4599/screen1ig.png)

**Preview Video**
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1c0u-Sxq7w&feature=channel_video_title

**What's next?**
- Atlantis Map
- Lava Map
- Get ideas for 2 more bosses (Gameplay)
- Add 100% sounds
- Fix Small bugs

@Schnurman:

> Wow this looks completely amazing! I am so buying this.

Thank you! By end of next week the first boss will be done. The map is ready to be implemented.
Also we're not sure if this is gonna be free or just a few cents. We only know that we'll make this affordable for everyone.

There will be a Betatest for the computer to find all bugs before we release the mobile version. So far I think we can make it on the next weekend if nothing big comes inbetween.

This sounds really cool actually.  I'd recommend to actually release the beta edition for free, then have the finished project cost 50-99 cents.  Then you can also sell expansions for money.

If I were you, I would release the beta as free and for the people that get it, get it for free. (Something like that) Then you would release the full version for $0.99 and the people that got the beta, would get the full version for free. Then have in-game app purchases. Something like what Frosty said.

Actually you're just saying what the real plans are. The beta will be for PC (No mobile beta) for free.
And the FullVersion ~$0.50.

Second idea was to release the final game for free and add extensions for low price, like the survival mode, more weapons, more maps, different characters etc.

Update:
![](http://media.moddb.com/images/games/1/15/14760/pyra.png)

@Frosty:

> May I ask how you're porting it to Android and Iphone?  I know C# can make apps for WP7, but can it also work with Iphone and Android?

No, the iPhone only supports ObjC and C/C++ and the Android only "Google Java" and C/C++. With .net you're only going to support Microsoft Windows Phone 7 (since Microsoft decided to only support VB.net and C#.net for that platform, whereas Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.5 actually supports C/C++).

Regards,
  Stephan.

Actually I'm not the programmer. But Dominic said: It'll work for Android, WP7 and iPhone.
He knows what he's doing :P I trust him. Also we don't talk much about thr programming part. I tell him what we need and he codes it.

@Konsty:

> Actually I'm not the programmer. But Dominic said: It'll work for Android, WP7 and iPhone.
> He knows what he's doing :P I trust him. Also we don't talk much about thr programming part. I tell him what we need and he codes it.

I hope he ports it to C/C++ then, otherwise it is not going to work for iPhone or Android.

Regards,
  Stephan.

@Konsty:

> Actually I'm not the programmer. But Dominic said: It'll work for Android, WP7 and iPhone.
> He knows what he's doing :P I trust him. Also we don't talk much about thr programming part. I tell him what we need and he codes it.

What are you then? The spriter or?

Story is simple: Rescue your girl. end.
Storymode: Quite simple, possible to finish by a 12 years old
Survival: Online Highscore..means you have to power through the lvls

Survival is actually the main focus. depends on what maps and weapons you unlock in storymode you can choose in highscore the maps and get better weapons.

@Konsty:

> Story is simple: Rescue your girl. end.
> Storymode: Quite simple, possible to finish by a 12 years old
> Survival: Online Highscore..means you have to power through the lvls
>
> Survival is actually the main focus. depends on what maps and weapons you unlock in storymode you can choose in highscore the maps and get better weapons.

Ah, alright, sounds fun. Can't wait for it. Just try to make it addicting and kind of hard like angry birds or again super meat boy. That way people will be hooked then it will get alot of sales.

@Gianni:

> is it sort of like meatboy?

@Konsty:

> Story is simple: Rescue your girl. end.
> Storymode: Quite simple, possible to finish by a 12 years old
> Survival: Online Highscore..means you have to power through the lvls
>
> Survival is actually the main focus. depends on what maps and weapons you unlock in storymode you can choose in highscore the maps and get better weapons.