Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help me choose a engine

pinguinoz

> oh my bad i didnt realize intelligence was based on grammar.  Clearly you're superior. good luck finding the super undetectable virus inside the open source program.

The use of capital letters for languages is orthography, not grammar. Intelligence is the ability to understand your surroundings and modify them at your pleasure, or at least that's the big gap between us and the rest of living species on this planet. I am honestly sorry if I made you feel inferior, it won't happen again. 

> For clarification, Pinguinoz states that the pre-compiled binary(.exe) file is infected, I believe he also stated that the source has nothing to do with this, which is pretty true.

Thank you. I have the thrill of making a very specific-themed game for a very specific group of people and Eclipse could allow me to do so. I found that every other 2D ORPG engine stopped being developed years ago, so this was my only real chance of fulfilling my personal dream and I'd better do something to contribute and keep this community alive, because if it dies so does my dream. Thanks to my new user perspective I actually could do something, so first day I tried to point out that for the community to keep growing it was neccesary to make it more new user-friendly (for the first two hours I didn't understand a thing) mostly because the website poor layout and content -still says Eclipse Origins is the official engine- plus the virus false positive is something terrible (NEW USER ORIENTED) that needs to be fixed.
Seth didn't really think this was very important so I decided to add a little drama. Maybe if the community pressured him he would get the things done (or request tasks to others since trying to do everything by oneself is a terrible mistake), but since apparently no one but you understood what I was stating about the server.exe I've decided to throw the towel, I can't take this anymore hahaha.

No matter what happens from now on, please remember I was just trying to make this a better place. I haven't hard feelings for anyone, and I'm so sorry for disturbing Baron Mohenjo inner peace, he seems a very friendly person.

**Microsoft Windows** is coded terrible. Virus software was made to protect it. Virus software is not necessary for a good operating system like **Linux**. Although, yes having an AV for **Mac** or **Linux**-based OS is better (yes I realize Mac is based on **Unix** but they both are pretty similar), but for most people the consumption of the virus software in the background is not worth having in these environments.

> Seth, a virus can be made for any OS, the only difference is that most people have Windows and there's not as great of a market for viruses for the other OSs since most people don't have them, when they start becoming a lot more popular then viruses will be made for them.

I understand, but it is also more difficult to make a virus for **Linux**.

I am not using any kind of AV software. I have downloaded AVG, I use it to scan once in a while and uninstall it afterwards. I have downloaded a lot of Engine's and haven't found any virus or viruses..  Anti Viruses are stupid they let things come in and prohibits you out….

> plus the virus false positive is something terrible (NEW USER ORIENTED) that needs to be fixed.

The only way to fix a false positive afaik is to contact all the AV devs and tell them that so and so software is not a virus and it's been marked as on wrongly. Just because you have code patters that may resemble a virus doesn't mean it is a virus or can have the potential of being one. This is a wrong on the AV devs part and not the wrong of the person who developed the software.

> The use of capital letters for languages is orthography, not grammar. Intelligence is the ability to understand your surroundings and modify them at your pleasure, or at least that's the big gap between us and the rest of living species on this planet. I am honestly sorry if I made you feel inferior, it won't happen again. 
>
>  
>
> Thank you. I have the thrill of making a very specific-themed game for a very specific group of people and Eclipse could allow me to do so. I found that every other 2D ORPG engine stopped being developed years ago, so this was my only real chance of fulfilling my personal dream and I'd better do something to contribute and keep this community alive, because if it dies so does my dream. Thanks to my new user perspective I actually could do something, so first day I tried to point out that for the community to keep growing it was neccesary to make it more new user-friendly (for the first two hours I didn't understand a thing) mostly because the website poor layout and content -still says Eclipse Origins is the official engine- plus the virus false positive is something terrible (NEW USER ORIENTED) that needs to be fixed.
> Seth didn't really think this was very important so I decided to add a little drama. Maybe if the community pressured him he would get the things done (or request tasks to others since trying to do everything by oneself is a terrible mistake), but since apparently no one but you understood what I was stating about the server.exe I've decided to throw the towel, I can't take this anymore hahaha.
>
> No matter what happens from now on, please remember I was just trying to make this a better place. I haven't hard feelings for anyone, and I'm so sorry for disturbing Baron Mohenjo inner peace, he seems a very friendly person.

see, this is part of why you shouldnt argue in english. i was being sarcastic and making fun of you for what you said. I know you arent superior to me. Id never feel inferior from someone like you.

Im not sure if your dramatic thrashing was really a plan to get anyone to realize anything and I dont even think that you're telling the truth. I think this thread didnt go the way you wanted it to go so you backed out and tried to act like you planned it all along. really annoying.

this wasnt a game where you couldnt say what you wanted to directly. you could of easily just said that you were focused on the downloadable .exe file and how new users might perceive the virus alert.

if seth was going to fix the problem he would of fixed the problem by you just bringing it up. being stupid in one thread doesnt change anything besides how people think of you.

you should just admit you were wrong and give up on trying to act like you did it for the greater good. total bullshit.