Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Donator Perks

Helladen

We're allowing people who donate to the site's expenses once, to host their game on our server. If the server starts to take up a lot, it would resort to paid monthly, but if you just need a host to make your game and have donated, just send me or Link a private message. This may not be permanent, but for now we want to try to give something back to donors. Your files will be returned to you properly if we end this service.

> We're allowing people who donate to the site's expenses once, to host their game on our server. If the server starts to take up a lot, it would resort to paid monthly, but if you just need a host to make your game and have donated, just send me or Link a private message. This may not be permanent, but for now we want to try to give something back to donors. Your files will be returned to you properly if we end this service.

I was going to donate anyways once I set up my paypal, but this is a great initiative to get other people to donate. Good work staff team :)

I also want to add that, we may do it where, if you donate $5 you can have 5 people online at once on average. If your game exceeds that amount, you would have to donate more. So basically if you donate $100 you can have 100 people on average. If that makes any sense?

> $1 per slot? I can get a 100mb vps for a few bucks a month. Does your server have a 3d gfx card?

It's a one time thing. You get 100 players online indefinitely and yes. Donating is to support Eclipse, this is just extra. Also, it wouldn't run at full speed. The CPU would be locked to sleep, you would have to pay monthly for that.

But when talking about a VPS or any kind of server, you wouldn't say "Oh, I have a 2gb VPS to host my Eclipse game", You quote the fastest connection speed, and the name either VPS or Dedicated.

GB could go either way, HDD or RAM, I dont think any machine that uses the internet as a normal user had less than 512mb ram. That said Richy might actually have 100mb RAM…

Oh and people shouldn't donate for these perks. I just have this here for people who want something for donating, oftentimes, donations don't give anything worth of what you give. That is why this is not a bought service or an equal valued service to the donation, but it is just like a donation back to the people that pay for the server bills.

> 2GB actually, noobs lol. It's my CPU that's the problem; 1.8ghz.

Man, even my laptop has 16gigs.

> Oh and people shouldn't donate for these perks.

I think that should pretty much be apparent to anyone that understands how donations work.