Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sync character data to web-based page

Doraemon

There are 3 ways to do it.
1) read files with php (which i totaly wouldn't recommend)
2) write a connected server for php withing eclipse
3) generate html files for every character so that they just have to be read by the server

You can choose ^^

@Kamii:

> There are 3 ways to do it.
> 1) read files with php (which i totaly wouldn't recommend)
> 2) write a connected server for php withing eclipse
> 3) generate html files for every character so that they just have to be read by the server
>
> You can choose ^^

4) Make server push data to mysql
5) Have PHP communicate with server via sockets

Plus many more!

• 2 weeks later...
ill take a point on this. 1 i hope u know what they said was explaining. now rest depends how big your game will be. i think you should make it so that your players site account is linked to the game account. and have a coded webpapge request the players(weather it be the .Bin or .Dat or whatever) and then have it display only selected data. rest is up to you on how you make this. and robin i did try this once but i dont like programming or setup stuff. :P

Zarky

@Robin:

> ITT: People talking shit about a system they've never attempted.

After your explanation of how Crystalshire do it, I attempted and didn't succeed 100%
It seem I need more lesson on EO's Networking.
Anywho, here's what I got so far that work.

Game Client send Login Packet to Authentication Server then sent to Game Server.
Game Server connect to Game Client and no longer use Authentication Server after log-in.

Now I'm working on making the Authentication Server to be able to connect and sent Data from the Game Server to MySQL Database. One that's done, I can just use PHP to access the MySQL database and use the Data.

I hope this can help you getting the concept of how you can make it work.
Once you understand how you want the system, google tutorials and code it.

Sincerely,
Rithy

PS : For me, I want the Web Server to update each player info only after the log in and/or log out, not constantly updating every player info on the Web Server every hour or something. Oh and to make things even easier, just copy/paste most of the code from the Game Server and Game Client to make the Authentication Server.

@S.J.R.:

> There has to be something wrong with VB6 if you had to.

I was talking about Richy talking about all this shit he needs to do for integration.

I don't understand why people are overcomplicating this so much. You connect to database, do your queries, disconnect from the database and then send a connection string to server and client.

@Robin:

> I was talking about Richy talking about all this shit he needs to do for integration.
>
> I don't understand why people are overcomplicating this so much. You connect to database, do your queries, disconnect from the database and then send a connection string to server and client.

Again, you spelled my name wrong >.>
Richy is much much more knowledgeable than me.

Anywho, I'm using PHP to display the information on the website. I'm not sure if there is a better way to do it? If so, please guide me.
This is what I want : a webpage that display a character information.
For example, when you go to http://gamedomain.com/player/?name=Rithy58
You would see the page with the player's stats, items, etc.

Sincerely,
Rithy

Then just dump the character data through the auth. server in to the database every so often.

If you want the PHP on displaying shit from a database then go Google it. That's completely unrelated to the engine and this forum.

@Robin:

> Then just dump the character data through the auth. server in to the database every so often.

That's what I'm doing. Except I do that everytime the player log off and/or log on.

I don't know why you're so angry at me right now.
Maybe there is a misunderstanding but I divided my post into two parts.
One explaining the Authentication Server and another explain how I display the Player's Info on a webpage using the Authentication Server and PHP.
In his post, he asked for the ability to show Player's Info on a webpage in PHP. Atleast that's what I think he meant.

I gave him my advice and what I'm doing, hoping that it would help him. That's all I want.

Sincerely,
Rithy