Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nation States

Kusy

@beckymegan:

> @Anna yeah I noticed that too, maybe they're part of the 7% of my population that dies from murder?
>
> "NO MORE BOMBS," chant the protestors outside Parliament House, in a repetitious and increasingly annoying appeal. Spokesperson Anne-Marie Wall, speaking through a feedback-afflicted microphone, says, "Majilova needs fewer weapons, not more! Make the world a safer place! Disarm now!"
>
> So yeah… Please don't hurt me?
>
> Edit
>
> Who has "The Republic of DioAsran" Cause you have a ton of different ways to die. And sunburns, srsly?

oheyder!  I'm the republic of DioAsran.  I like a bit of variety to how my citizens die.  It's boring if it's just all old age.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh God, union strikes…so I just banned unions. To hell with the scumbags.

Is that considered Libertarian of me? Or is that more Conservative? I try to vote on issues with how I really feel about the topic, while sometimes bringing needs into the situation. I find it funny that I'm considered a leftist on this game when I'm Libertarian with *some* conservative opinions (ex. interrogation, harsh punishments)

Today's ranking system:

The Nudest in Eclipse

The following nations have the most liberal attitudes to public nudity.

As a region, Eclipse is ranked 2,417th in the world for Nudest.

Needless to say I'm near the bottom.

Big business, fed up with over-regulation in Majilova, are heading offshore in ever-increasing numbers.
The Debate

"Good riddance!" says noted environmentalist Dave Rubin. "Sniff that air! It's never been so clean! At last, our society is freeing itself from the consumer death-trap! I say it's time to take the final step and outlaw capitalism once and for all!"

"This is a catastrophe waiting to happen," says the Chamber of Commerce. "Think of the consequences! Without big business, where do the jobs come from? Where do we get our medicine? Our cars? Our latest fashions? There are dozens of useless regulations the government could abolish today to make life easier for commerce, and it's high time they did."

Number 1 it is. Screw Walmart.

@Anna:

> I don't know but there doesn't seem to be an option to tell the government to not do anything. The closest thing is to dismiss the issues.

I have dismissed some issues, but that still doesn't explain it completely… Some of the answers were misleading.

@Jungle:

> I have dismissed some issues, but that still doesn't explain it completely… Some of the answers were misleading.

It actualy does make more sense than you think. It only shows how those kinds of decisions can backfire in your face. The only thing you can do here is to do what you think is right/fun.

Don't take the game as a serious nation leading simulator.

@beckymegan:

> Today's ranking system:
>
> The Nudest in Eclipse
>
> The following nations have the most liberal attitudes to public nudity.
>
> As a region, Eclipse is ranked 2,417th in the world for Nudest.

Gnome Loving is ranked 2nd in Eclipse and 3,491st in the world for Nudest. 

Just got a badge thing for being in the top 5% of the worlds Nudest :D

> "There's a simple way to boost the marriage rate," says gay rights activist Falala Frederickson. "Abolish those arcane laws that discriminate against same-sex marriages. It's obscene to treat people differently because of their sexual preference. Besides, everyone knows gay relationships are more stable than straight ones."

Wait… what!? Gay marriage isn't legal in a gay society?!

In other news, I'm now a Capitalizt... what does that mean?

The Issue

National marijuana consumption has hit an all-time high, with alarming results, a new poll has found.
The Debate

1\. "My factory's productivity is down ten percent since marijuana was decriminalized," complains employer Thomas Dredd. "And the number of thefts from the candy machine is off the scale. This so-called 'pot' needs to be banned in all public places. Let the junkies do what they want at home, but not in my workplace."

2\. "Whoa, dude, no need to get, like, you know," says Free Your Mind campaigner Lars McGuffin, from his parents' basement. "This is, like, a personal choice issue, you know. It's like… whoa, just back off what I want to do with my own body. Don't let the fascists win, man. There are some hot new eckies coming in soon, they should be legal too."

Hmmm wonder which I picked :P lol

Apparently I have high divorce rates…

"Last night the respected tabloid TV show "60 Minutes" ran a report on Majilova's rising divorce rate. What is happening to the nuclear family?

There's a simple solution," says Pastor Felix, of the Catholic Church. "Divorce should be illegal. 'For better or worse,' anyone remember how that goes? We should return to the good old days, when you got married for life and stuck by your partner no matter how much of a drunken, abusive, adulterating disappointment they turned out to be."

John Black, author of the hit book, 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Some Whole Other Place,' has a simpler solution. "If couples would just call each other 'darling' once in a while, there would be far fewer relationship breakdowns. A little affection is all it takes. So the government should make it mandatory: call your spouse 'darling' at least once a day, or face a fine."

"There's a simple way to boost the marriage rate," says gay rights activist Max Wall. "Abolish those arcane laws that discriminate against same-sex marriages. It's obscene to treat people differently because of their sexual preference. Besides, everyone knows gay relationships are more stable than straight ones."

I like the gay option... But forcing people from escaping drunken, abusive relationships is always cool too....