Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is EE 2.7 allowed?

mmorpgmaster

@mmorpgmaster:

> can i write about Eclipse Evolution 2.7?
> ( i have a some questions ive been wanting to ask since before joining!)

Yes, You can write about anything. If people support it or ban it that's their choice. Nobody supports EE2.7 Here. EO2.0 is supported. So asking questions about it will give you a basic: We don't support EE anymore. Try using EO then you will get help.

**@mmorpgmaster** Use whatever you want, bro. Don't listen to these guys (unless they're saying something along the lines of an informing response). Educate **yourself**. Get enough information 'til you can make your own well thought out and educated decision.

@Ryochi:

> Why of all engines did you pick that poor excuse of an engine? My, my that engine is so bad ES has more compliments than it.

You can't bash it if you can't code it. Don't talk crap on something above you. I sure don't.

@Sir_Shadowdeath:

> EE2.7?
> Everyone, start the time machine.

What a waste of a use for a time machine. Going back a year? Seriously?

@MrMiguu:

> You can't bash it if you can't code it.

Just like you can't tell if a meal tastes like shit without being a gourmet chef?

@mmorpgmaster:

> I havnt been here in a long time and was wondering:
> can i write about Eclipse Evolution 2.7?
> ( i have a some questions ive been wanting to ask since before joining!)

Old engines are tolerated but nothing more. 90% of the shit people ask about these engines are caused by deep-rooted problems which would require a full re-write of the engine. I did the full re-write. It's called Origins.

If you want to use the engine that's fine. Just don't expect to be met with a warm response when you ask how to fix anything, how to add anything or ask people to do anything for you.

If there's a Question & Answer topic asking how to fix something in EE or ES then it'll most likely get instantly locked. As I said before, it was easier to re-write the entire engine from scratch than to fix that shit.

oh man it looks good but i cannot add anything :(
especialy since EE never had a error with the images!!
ugh!
when i tried (YES they were BMP.)to add an image for the resources,it crashes with "file not found"it is named 3.bmp and everything(including being saved as a bmp) :(

@mmorpgmaster:

> oh man it looks good but i cannot add anything :(
> especialy since EE never had a error with the images!!
> ugh!
> when i tried (YES they were BMP.)to add an image for the resources,it crashes with "file not found"it is named 3.bmp and everything(including being saved as a bmp) :(

Adjust the location of the image (whether it be the actual image or the prescribed location set within the program). Obviously the directory you have set for the program to find the file is off.

@mmorpgmaster:

> especialy since EE never had a error with the images!!

Get out.

@mmorpgmaster:

> when i tried (YES they were BMP.)to add an image for the resources,it crashes with "file not found"it is named 3.bmp and everything(including being saved as a bmp) :(

No. You did not save it as a bitmap.

@MrMiguu:

> Adjust the location of the image (whether it be the actual image or the prescribed location set within the program). Obviously the directory you have set for the program to find the file is off.

Nope. If the file wasn't found then it wouldn't be a valid subscript in the texture array in the first place.

'File Not Found' occurs when you have a file named .BMP without it actually being a bitmap image.

@mmorpgmaster:

> what does this have to do with spaghetti?

_Everything._

@Robin:

> If the file wasn't found then it wouldn't be a valid subscript in the texture array in the first place.
>
> 'File Not Found' occurs when you have a file named .BMP without it actually being a bitmap image.

That was going to be my second guess.

![](http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Alexanderthegreat91/trollface.png)

But seriously… it was.

@Robin:

> It didn't save it as a real bitmap. Either GIMP doesn't support 24-bit bitmaps or you did something wrong. I'll go with the latter.

There are multiple specifications, and VB6 generally requires the older ones. As you can technically save 32-bit BMP-files, JPG-compressed BMP-files, RLE'd BMP-files and PNG-compressed BMP-files, but with the risk that no programme can actually deal with that.

Yours faithfully
  Stephan.