Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question: Can i run CS:DE server with VPS

sillfox

@Justn:

> =D then why recommend it? I have never tried it so I can't knock it.. Why is it so bad cause everyone here says it is?

Because Hamachi ducks up your pc, and everyone needs to use Hamachi and manually connect to your network. (which has a 15 members limit)

@Erwin:

> Because Hamachi ducks up your pc, and everyone needs to use Hamachi and manually connect to your network. (which has a 15 members limit)

1st. You can manually set options for it to not duck up your pc. Many tuts out there.
2nd. Im not ducking with ya' you can set it up to 255 people.

@SAubryTV:

> 1st. You can manually set options for it to not duck up your pc. Many tuts out there.
> 2nd. Im not ducking with ya' you can set it up to 255 people.

Doesn't matter how many bells and whistles it has. Hamachi is a game killer. No one ever wants to install dodgy 3rd party applications to run a shitty 2D game.

@Robin:

> Doesn't matter how many bells and whistles it has. Hamachi is a game killer. No one ever wants to install dodgy 3rd party applications to run a shitty 2D game.

Robin, I owe you a ton. You know that. But right now i have to say that right now my project is running on Ham, I know its ducked up but still. Im not going to use if forever. Im just using it as a trial period until i portforward. Although I agree about the 3rd party shit, its shitty.

My kindest regaurds,
Steven

@SAubryTV:

> Robin, I owe you a ton. You know that. But right now i have to say that right now my project is running on Ham, I know its ducked up but still. Im not going to use if forever. Im just using it as a trial period until i portforward. Although I agree about the 3rd party shit, its shitty.
>
> My kindest regaurds,
> Steven

It's your game. You don't need to explain yourself to me. Was just letting the guy know that Hamachi is a last resort, not a first choice.

@Robin:

> It's your game. You don't need to explain yourself to me. Was just letting the guy know that Hamachi is a last resort, not a first choice.

Dang Robin,

How the duck do you make everyone look dumb compared to you. Is that a natural talent or did you get practice? Lol

PS: This is a compliment, intended.

@Frostyy:

> I thought the main reason Hamachi was bad was because it's slower than shit?

Never had a problem with it. It's simply used to bypass things like security software or port forwarding. It's required in a lot of older games to LAN hack as the online services have been shut off.

It's bad using it for something like Eclipse because it's unprofessional. You simply don't need it as Eclipse was designed to run just fine on newer systems. Earlier versions also had a bad reputation for eating up entire processors to 100% capacity whilst running.