Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Elrania Needs a Pixel Artist (And more!)

dragorn128

ELRANIA

A once fabled city, ruled by the people. A city of no crime, no fear, nothing. No one would have ever believed it to fall to any enemy, mainly because it had no enemy's. What could go wrong? One night a strange man entered the city, he was greeted by the guards at the front gate, he was friendly greeted by everyone. Yet he took all their kindness for granted, he cared not of other peoples emotions. This man, this man who dares walk into the city where he was granted a free nights rest, a warm meal, and protection from the weather, and dares to do what he has done. This man is none other then Vallen-Ze, the fabled assassin and master of the thieves guild. He committed an act no man thought possible. He assassinated the king. His deed not only scarred the lives of the city folk but forced the thieves guild into hiding because of their hunting. This city, once standing in glory, is now a god forsaken city of murderers and necromancers.

Classes
Knight
Mage
Thief
Hunter

Upper Classes (After level 30)
Warlord
[Fire] [Ice] [Earth] [Necro] Mage
Assassin
[Falcon] [Owl] Hunter - Basically a hunter that is made to hit damage, and one that's made to help party members.

What I need.

A skilled pixel artist. Must be able to create paper dolls, and tile - sets. Please remember I am not talking about generic tile - sets I am asking for specific ones made just for this game, not meant to be a rip off or copy of any game, and you must be able to create tiles that seem to fit with each other, I don't want my city tiles looking like they should be in a completely different game then my forest tiles, people need a reason to play a 2d mmo, when there are plenty of 3d ones out there for free.

Someone who can get me (and use [WELL]) Visual Basics 6

I have inserted a map of what some of the game looks like so far, It is fairly decent but I feel better could be done with a skilled pixel artist, I am planning to redo every map once we get one.

The one, the only
                                      Disagree

I am not asking others to make a game for me I am simply asking for someone to help me with my tile - sets. I admit I do not have the ability to create them, and am asking for help from another forum member, please do not troll my post with comments that are unintelligent.

I would like to start by saying I have brought a lot to the table, I am currently going to be buying hardware to 24/7 server host for the game, I am a mapper, as well as the website owner, oh did I mention I am paying eighty five dollars a year for the website for this game, I have also created a Facebook page. I need a pixel artist.

By the way Yumi, your comment was misspelled and looked very stupid in an attempt to say Kusy was right. Which he was not.

As a pixel artist myself who joined a game on the Eclipse forums, I only joined because the game I was joining had a skilled programmer already and the engine pretty much done. Right now all I see you have is a bunch of websites and hardware for a game that doesn't have anything done yet except for a concept.

I say get some skills before you start heading a project, because anyone can map (and your map you posted is nothing special) and don't spend money or advertise a game that doesn't exist.

@disagree:

> … **I have also created a Facebook page.**..

You have several people on this thread that have seen people like you come and go, sure you might be different, but the possibility of that is really low. Realize that they mean people don't want to join a project that is destined to fail, why would they join someone who has done the simplest of things, such as the quote that I pulled from your post, when they have the skills and talents to start their own game?

Bring something to the table others are looking for, not someone who is throwing around cash so that they can direct a game, when they know nothing about game development, or have any skill in art, coding, or design.

Don't be an idiot, listen to others who have seen it all before, and go learn something to do with game development before you start wasting cash, like everyone here is trying to tell you.

@disagree:

> I would like to start by saying I have brought a lot to the table, I am currently going to be buying hardware to 24/7 server host for the game, I am a mapper, as well as the website owner, oh did I mention I am paying eighty five dollars a year for the website for this game, I have also created a Facebook page. I need a pixel artist.
>
> By the way Yumi, your comment was misspelled and looked very stupid in an attempt to say Kusy was right. Which he was not.

:O That is hurtful! You dont tell a girl that she did something stupid! You can't expect a girl who speak English as her second language correctly!.

That was a little offtopic. Now to the topic.
Seriously? You bought a hardware for 24/7 . Puh-lease :P That should be your last step: Publishing your MMO. RIght now if your engine have nothing special, no one gonna play it, and if no one gonna play it. A weak computer could handle 30 players. Im sorry, unless you have lots of cool feature, you are just wasting your money on hardware
I'm a mapper! Wow! How great is that! Me too!!!!!!!!!! I'm a mapper for my game too :3 didn't you know that? Isn't that cool? And I bet most ppl here are mappers, too!!!! Wow I didn't know that there are so many mappers around. Nice to meet you Mr. Mapper.
Website Owner, eh? Show us your website. But seriously. Paying for a website now? How many ppl do you think gonna take time to look at a "Blank-Eclipse-That-Just-Got-Renamed" (BETJGR) game? Making a website now is pointless. Focus on your game developing before you talk about webs.
Aha! Facebook page!!! Wow… Isn't that great? I GOTTA CHECK IT OUT :D . Seriously... how many ppl gonna click "like" your page? Probably only your friend. You have nothing special to show off.

There... Thank You For Attacking Me. I just want you to know that I'm not a nice girl anymore (maybe because of worshipping Gwen lol xD). Schools and stuff is driving me crazy (im haviing a C in my World Geography, can you believe that? D: I'm starting to doubt whether I'm Asian or not :P ). That's right. You don't mess with me. Cause if you do, you will regret it ;)

Be nice. Don't call ppl with mean name.
Sincrely, (copyrighted by Rithy)
Tiana (aka Yumi)