Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3d AIworld Game (v0.0002b download out)

Draken

@Keebler:

> Same its playing slow on mine also. You must have some sort of memory leak or one of those new models your using is full of way too many polygons.

its not the models poly count they are all really low since i made them :P lol.

most likely because it loads the world at the start and not on movement which will changed after I figure it out. So want it to load / unload only certain objects so it doesnt lag as bad

@Keebler:

> That would be great, because if my comp which is not even a year old is lagging from this then others must be getting totaly raped.

Funny thing is it runs smooth on my pc at my house, which i thought was a piece of crap :P lol.

yea once i figure out how to add the random spawns to a file then ill be able to pull a little at a time instead of all of them.

@Zetasis:

> This looks cool and all I just don't understand the point to it. Are you planning on making a 3Dish engine or just a game?

Both , well first ill make the engine where i can easily copy and paste features from one game to another depending on if i need it. For now this current thing will be just a simple game but after a while Ill learn to add networking into it and then will be working on making it a MMO engine for some of my projects.

Ended up removing the mirror effect on the water, it was causing some lag issues

Figured out how to make a Fog system so only models in the screen will be loaded, the locations will be already loaded in the back ground but should help with some lag issues. Only down side is it gives a weird effect on the skybox, makes it darker in 1 location.

Added a world bound function so players can no longer walk forever in any direction.

Changed Heightmap to a new heightmap and changed the water level.

Changed the range of the random scales on the trees

Added Version number as coded in and not on the image.

Current number of spawns
TreeType1 = 1500
TreeType2=1500
Rock=3000
Bush=3000
GrassPatch=3000

v0002b is out now.

Small few things. that are posted above this post And I changed the number of spawns

Current number of spawns
TreeType1 = 2000
TreeType2=2000
Rock=2500
Bush=3500
GrassPatch=3500

Went a head and organized the game folder 2 so it doesn't look so messy when you extract it now

Yes. My netbook has handled a big variety of games with the same graphics. The only problem with "AI World" is that it loads the whole fucking world instantly, instead of the famous load-when-you-need-it.

I'm not saying that my netbook is awesome with 3D games, it's obviously not.
But, it not running this game smoothly? You serious?
I wouldn't complain if a game like Combat Arms ran a bit slow(It actually does :(), but I still can't believe how it can't run smoothly this game.