Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game releasing questions

gregnator

Ok guys, ive figured out the new eclipse style and i really like it much much kudos to robin.

But i'm a bit confused about how to pack the released game?

For example lets say i want to let my friend play the game with me, what files do i send him? ok that was stupid.. let me say it again: do i send the whole client map with the clien src map? or not?

Because the files in the src map are easily editable and changes my whole game..

And does someone have any suggestions which programs i could use to protect my graphics and stuff so they dont steal it? And if the src map has to go too, how do i protect them from being edited?

Anyways i know i'll get a answer soon because the mods,admins,helpers and people over here are actually pretty quick!

I'll be waiting for a reply, thanks

@Christye:

> ok,this is getting annoying, GFX can be stolen but need to make a way to be harder to steal them >.> duh

Not that hard if u think outside of the box.
First, change the graphic folder to a funkyname folder instead.
Edit the engine so that it will open .otherextensionfile as a bmp.
Change your pics.bmp to pics.otherextensionfile

Say. You have 1.bmp, now you change it to 1.rpg
Edit the source so that now it open 1.rpg as 1.bmp

Now the ppl who arent intelligent who want to steal your graphic gonna look inside your graphic folder and said "WHERE THE HELL ARE THE PICS?" and you can laugh at them "change .rpg to .bmp, you dumbass ;) )

You don't honestly need to take your source out of it unless you are really insecure. Even if you do there is thousands of Vb6 de-compiler programs out there that people can use to get into your code. Which half the time on this forum is from the tutorial section.

@Yumi:

> Not that hard if u think outside of the box.
> First, change the graphic folder to a funkyname folder instead.
> Edit the engine so that it will open .otherextensionfile as a bmp.
> Change your pics.bmp to pics.otherextensionfile
>
> Say. You have 1.bmp, now you change it to 1.rpg
> Edit the source so that now it open 1.rpg as 1.bmp
>
> Now the ppl who arent intelligent who want to steal your graphic gonna look inside your graphic folder and said "WHERE THE HELL ARE THE PICS?" and you can laugh at them "change .rpg to .bmp, you dumbass ;) )

that's a good one,thank you,but how do i do that? :embarrassed: