Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vindictus

Murdoc

I just got it yesterday, no joke. Graphics are stunning, gameplay is fast paced and addicting, and the physics in the game are so realistic. The fact that you can break any object, and pick up anything (unless its too heavy) makes the game so fun.

It's a 10/10 in my book. We all have our own interests though.

@Muffen:

> It's a 10/10 in my book. We all have our own interests though.

Personally I give it a 8/10 because of the management. While Nexon is not the worst(I'm looking at you PWE, fuck you), Nexon certainly could manage this game much better.

@Keebler:

> I might have to download this… If the developers can spend so much time making boobs that bounce I would assume the rest is good.

lol.. i might have to download it too

turns out theyre using the half-life 2 source engine, so you can interact with the environment which is pretty nifty

Oh btw, here's the port info for the game. Dungeons are peer2peer hosted and port forwarding seems to make the dungeon run a bit smoother(no idea why).

27000-27025 TCP Protocol

47611-47611 TCP Protocol

Hardly think I need to tell you guys how to forward that ;)

Vindictus looked interesting, but the problem with the game to me is that although the combat looked very fun, the entire game looked like nothing but combat. That is what I liked about Mabinogi so much, is that the combat was extremely fun, but you didn't have to do combat to play the game and advance.

Yup, that's the problem with it. It's really repetitive after a while. It may be a little bit of fun with a team of friends, but otherwise it's just a loooooong grind. And i hate dungeon based games…. wait... it's not called dungeon based, i don't think. Well, whatever you call games that have you go into a seperate map by yourself, etc. Open world is so much more fun.

The combat is the selling point of this game. It's the first MMO with combat like this. Instead of the typical click to target and button mashing you need skill, precise timing and to actually pay attention.

It wouldn't hurt for them to add more to the game, as you said the combat can get repetitive a bit, more ways to progress would be amazing.

By the way, if you liked Mabinogi you should definitely play Vindictus, since the storylines are related.

@Tagi:

> It's the first MMO with combat like this.

I thought Dragons Nest came out before Vindictus? Which I'm pretty sure they're quite the same, just one's more Anime than the other. Then again, I am pretty dumb when it comes to things like this.

@Anna:

> Vindictus looked interesting, but the problem with the game to me is that although the combat looked very fun, the entire game looked like nothing but combat. That is what I liked about Mabinogi so much, is that the combat was extremely fun, but you didn't have to do combat to play the game and advance.

I was hopin it wasnt like that. But, If I ever wanna play a game thats based mostly on grinding, then Ill probably check it out.

Mabinogi is great. I played for quite awhile before I got bored. Even used the item shop for a few things, which I rarely do. I think the best aspect of that game, besides the large community is the battle system. The anime style is pretty cool too.

@Troll:

> I thought Dragons Nest came out before Vindictus? Which I'm pretty sure they're quite the same, just one's more Anime than the other. Then again, I am pretty dumb when it comes to things like this.

One trip to wikipedia would've changed your mind. Vindictus was released in Korea January 2010\. Dragon Nest was released in March 2010\. ;-) … However, the close release dates make me wonder if they had originally planned for two action mmo's with similiar elements but different graphic styles. I'm pretty impressed with Nexon. So far, they have not let me down with any of their games. The first one I ever played by them was Nexus TK (back in 1998), one of the best 2d orpg's of all time.

@Murdoc:

> One trip to wikipedia would've changed your mind. Vindictus was released in Korea January 2010\. Dragon Nest was released in March 2010\. ;-) … However, the close release dates make me wonder if they had originally planned for two action mmo's with similiar elements but different graphic styles. I'm pretty impressed with Nexon. So far, they have not let me down with any of their games. The first one I ever played by them was Nexus TK (back in 1998), one of the best 2d orpg's of all time.

Ah, regardless it's very close lol….just kept thinking DN came out first for some reason. From Nexon, I have to admit that they let me down with Combat Arms. It was fun during beta, loved the knife fights and whatnot...but they just couldn't manage all the aimbotters (not sure if they ever figured out how to get rid of a majority of them) I understand that every FPS mainly has them, but CA had the worst of 'em.