Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Portforwarding, Simple, Quick, EASY!

top10awesome

I wrote this tutorial because lots of people want to know how to port foward without doing all these steps and Chrap, so here it goes.

Steps:
1.) Download Simple Portfowarding from: http://www.simpleportforwarding.com/download
2.) Set up an Port for your game
3.) Make sure it is 7001 to 7001
4.) Your done!

Simple, Quick, EASY!

-ScoPro Games/ Chrome

• 4 weeks later...
@Scootaloo:

> It seems like a scripting engine that automates logging in to your router and adding the ports to forward to the application list. xD

i.e. it uses scraping, which is something you don't want.

@Robin:

> Eeew. Stop being lazy and go write a UPnP system for Origins so I don't have to.

You do know UPnP requires a SOAP-interface (and SOAP-interfaces are a pain in the arse to use) that is accessed through HTTP requests using UDP broadcasts (from what I remember)? Most people wouldn't be able to implement a UPnP-interface by themselves, in my case, it's still on my TODO-list (as UPnP is actually broken by design, and I generally want to avoid it like the plague).

@Chrome:

> I wrote this tutorial because lots of people want to know how to port foward without doing all these steps and Chrap, so here it goes.
>
> Steps:
> 1.) Download Simple Portfowarding from: http://www.simpleportforwarding.com/download
> 2.) Set up an Port for your game
> 3.) Make sure it is 7001 to 7001
> 4.) Your done!
>
> Simple, Quick, EASY!
>
> -ScoPro Games/ Chrome

Just read [my guide](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,58333.0.html) on the subject, and stop bothering with tools that do it the wrong way. Until someone comes up with a proper API to deal with port forwarding externally, you just have to use the interfaces provided by your router's HTTPD.

Yours faithfully,
  Stephan.

@S.J.R.:

> You do know UPnP requires a SOAP-interface (and SOAP-interfaces are a pain in the arse to use) that is accessed through HTTP requests using UDP broadcasts (from what I remember)? Most people wouldn't be able to implement a UPnP-interface by themselves, in my case, it's still on my TODO-list (as UPnP is actually broken by design, and I generally want to avoid it like the plague).

Since the time of writing a UPnP feature has been created for my engines.

@S.J.R.:

> Either you are sending simple SOAP-requests that offer no flexibility what-so-ever, or you are using one of the native APIs.
>
> Yours faithfully,
>   Stephan.

Pfft. Classic mistake there Stephan! Never assume I know what the hell I'm doing. Because I don't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...