Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Sprite I made for my comedy Game!

Xtrea

Everybody starts somewhere. And drawing squares is the best place to start in my opinion.

Nobody jumps into pixel art knowing how to shade properly. Check out some tutorials online, start with basic things like Habbo style or pokemon, they use fairly basic shading so are easy to learn how to make.

Coming from someone who's new to pixel-art (and mine are pretty awful) my critique wouldn't be worth much, but the best advice I could give is to make your prototype's naked. It makes it much easier when you decide to cloth them. Xlithan said pretty much what I would, I am consulting several tutorials for shading guides and do's and don'ts for pixel art, who knew there were so many rules for pixel art eh!

God, I'm getting tired of people saying their game isn't serious as an excuse to have suck ass graphics.
@Xlithan:

> Nobody jumps into pixel art knowing how to shade properly.

![](http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/png/happy-grin.png)

@Xtrea:

> So yes graphics are gonna suck ass but its gonna add to comedy feature :D

No it's not. It's just going to be childish. 'OMG look at how bad these drawings are, isn't it so FUNNY? Hahahaha, I drew a willy on his head'. That's the kind of shit my 6 year old brother finds funny.

The idea that shitty graphics is all you need to make something funny is actually an insult to those who practise the craft of comedy.

@Xtrea:

> Alrighty two hours of editing later Ive made this :33 I think it looks alot better :33 Im going to keep updating it but for now the basics are done please provide feedback!!!!!!!

I don't understand. He looks like he has a drop shadow.

• 2 weeks later...
Xtrea, I'd suggest editing one frame of the sprite until its as good as you can make it, Then work on the other frames. It will make it a lot easier than going back and editing everyone, every time.

The current sprite is VERY flat, and lacks any sort of realism. Depth is important, without it'll look like pieces of paper sliding on top of each other.

Anzakan, :D is right with making the sprite naked it'll help later on so you can quickly edit to have different characters. Though, DO NOT save as jpg. ONLY PNG.