Find results in...

L2w3

Chief

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Aeri:

> It looks like Photoshop CS5's intro screen. Seems dull and generic, and somewhat boring. Maybe use some less done-over ideas or have a few animated bits that make it moderately fun.

Your opinion doesnt mean a thing to me.

On a related note:
![](http://localhostr.com/file/WwMf3a7/preview3.png)

better? worse? I think the latter… I have on more idea up my sleeve if this is a flop.

@Aeri:

> Because the best way to build a good website is to ask for opinions and ignore them when they're given. Aren't you a clever one?

Now that really depends on who the advice is coming from.

Also, yeah. I thought so. I am already in the process of doing my last idea before I have to rethink it all lol.

@Chief:

> Now that really depends on who the advice is coming from.

So because you disagree with me on a subject, you ignore what I have to say about your work? Pfft. You can't ask for an opinion and throw a strop when it's generally negative. Look at your work and tell me it isn't dull. Honestly, stop letting your personal, silly little grudges get in the way and take a long, hard look at stark reality.

Our debate in off-topic has nothing to do with anything. Youre not a respectable web designer in my book, so why would your advice carry any merrit? So how about we use our brains in the matter. Youre now the one that has carried anything over into something else.

And how would you know I'm not a web designer? Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions. Also, if I'm not, you should want the advice of the ordinary people who visit your website and value it similarly to that of an experts.

Get your head out of your arse and stop trying to be morally superior.

@Aeri:

> -snip-
> Get your head out of your arse and stop trying to be morally superior.

First of all, do I need to know? No. Its my choice to accept advice from some, and not from others. I choose to not accept from you because I havent seen your work, so your opinion is only words on my screen. If I saw some of your work, and decided that you were a web designer, then I would accept your advice.

As to your last comment; Dude, you need to take a break. Nobody mentioned morals here. Move along now, eh? If youre not willing to play nice outside of a debate, you need some fresh air.

@Chief:

> If youre not willing to play nice outside of a debate, you need some fresh air.

What do you think I was doing when I posted here? Derp.

Anyway, don't listen to me if you don't want to. If you're going to go ahead and make a dull website, that's your prerogative. Your own demise. I tried to help, you didn't want it. Fine by me.

Also, the main audience for this website is web designers, so I could care less what people of other interest would think. This needs to be standards compliant, show off CSS3, and generally be simple. Something most non-web designers don't have a clue about.

If you're trying to wow them then it shouldn't be dull.

I'm not talking about PowerPoint-esque animations, flashing and rotating titles, hit counters and smiley face mouse pointers. Just a little more fluidity and some more originality.

Web design sin't always about "wow-ing" someone. The internet is crying for standards more and more. Ever heard the term "Content over Design?" Its something that is being more and more pushed as the internet progresses. It doesnt need to be a flashy design with animations all over the place. As Robin stated; simplicity is making a comeback. It can still look good without being flashy and bulky.

Chief, just because he's not a web designer doesn't mean he's retarded.

Your newest design is very simple and I personally don't like it much. Maybe it could be pulled off, but it's pretty bland right now. I also agree with robin; minimalism is coming back.

@Eckhart:

> Chief, just because he's not a web designer doesn't mean he's retarded.

No, but it does mean that I can choose to ignore his advice. I'm not saying its bad advice, I'm just saying I won't even think once about it because it doesnt mean anything to me as he's not a designer.

@Chief:

> No, but it does mean that I can choose to ignore his advice. I'm not saiyan its bad advice, I'm just saiyan I won't even think once about it because it doesnt mean anything to me as he's not a designer.

Despite the fact that he may not be a actual web designer the same general advice can be given. Of course you can simply choose to ignore anyone's advice, but how you are basing it is a bit strange. You are purely judging whether or not it is reasonable to accept advice based on their public standing towards the subject at hand, but in some cases the advice from someone who lacks the experience can be useful.

@Chief:

> I disagree. I'm not going to take advice about cooking fish from someone who's never done it before. If I did that, I would end up with food poisoning.

What about taking advice about cooking a fish from someone who's seen it done a hundred times and can recite books about it?

@Chief:

> If he hasnt done it himself, I don't want him in my kitchen.

In this case I agree, but in the end is that what we are really talking about? I wouldn't take advice on the method from somebody who doesn't know how to cook fish, but what about the taste?