Find results that contain...
Find results in...

L2w3

Chief

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are reading way too much in to the whole 'advice' thing. It's a perfectly valid stance. There's no way in hell I'd take programming advice from someone who'd never programmed before (and believe me, many try) nor would I take interface design advice from someone who's never designed an interface before.

In terms of using pure CSS3 it's pretty impressive. I've been doing something similar for the NHS. As the program uses my own implementation of Gecko I have full control over everyone having the same functionality.

When you start being able to take advantage of outlines, box shadows and linear gradients your designs can really do something different.

Please don't forget the importance of a strong, well-designed logo. Using plain text might make sense from a programmer standpoint, but it makes zero sense from a design standpoint. The letterpress effect also makes zero sense in a banner. It's designed to make the text feel like it's printed on the 'texture' you create. You want the logo to do the opposite. It should pop out.