Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Happinesss

Esmeyana

Hello everybody,

I have a speech on 16 march for my school about happiness, I have to convince the class that happiness is not createable.

I am going to say that money and whatever goes on around you make happy.

But I want to ask them a question to choose between money and somethin they think it makes happy, like love or something, but love is not very good. do you have suggestions? please help…

@Pete:

> Do your own research instead of asking us.

I own researches, but they are from 1990, I couldn't find newer, if you have newer researches I would be very thankfull.

Edit: Also yesterday I went to the city with my friend to do researches, we managed to interview 20 people and 3 of them allowed us to make a video of them.
So, every vote counts.

@Esmeyana:

> I own researches, but they are from 1990, I couldn't find newer, if you have newer researches I would be very thankfull.

What's different about people being happy now than 20 years ago?
Happiness is happiness, doesn't matter when or where you're from..

@Pete:

> What's different about people being happy now than 20 years ago?
> Happiness is happiness, doesn't matter when or where you're from..

Of cource it matters where you are from, I am sure I am more happy then a poor kid in Afrika.
Health…
In the past 20 years, there have been found a lot of solutions for a lot of diseases, also a lot of diseases came wich maybe made people less happy.
Not only health, the economic crisis, if money is an important source of happiness, then I am sure there are a lot of people who are now less happy then back in 1990.
The coming of the Euro is one big thing, that made a lot of people less happy.
I can tell a lot of things, just remember it's 20 years, not 20 days, 20 years is a big number.

EDIT: I found this good research, now I have to translate the most important things in dutch ZzZZzzz... http://www.princeton.edu/~deaton/downloads/deaton_kahneman_high_income_improves_evaluation_August2010.pdf

@Esmeyana:

> Of cource it matters where you are from, I am sure I am more happy then a poor kid in Afrika.

You misunderstood what I said.

I didn't say everyone everywhere is happy for no reason, which is what I'm assuming you took my comment to mean since your reply was just a list of things that might make someone happy…

@Pete:

> You misunderstood what I said.
>
> I didn't say everyone everywhere is happy for no reason, which is what I'm assuming you took my comment to mean since your reply was just a list of things that might make someone happy…

Actually the list was a comment showing that there is a difference between now and 20 years ago.

@Esmeyana:

> Actually the list was a comment showing that there is a difference between now and 20 years ago.

You still misunderstand me. You're listing a things that have changed in the past 20 years - NOT how happiness has changed. Yes, health, wealth, friends and family change. Conditions change, but criteria for happiness doesn't really change over time.

Happiness to one person could be hell to another but it still doesn't change what happiness is.

Do you understand?

@Keebler:

> Happiness is a lie. All thats happening is hormones and other junk are being created.

So, youre defining happiness as hormones and other junk, but youre saying that hormones and other junk are being created, so therefore youre saying that happiness does actually exist. So, in other words you just don't know what you're talking about.

@Pete:

> You still misunderstand me. You're listing a things that have changed in the past 20 years - NOT how happiness has changed. Yes, health, wealth, friends and family change. Conditions change, but criteria for happiness doesn't really change over time.
>
> Happiness to one person could be hell to another but it still doesn't change what happiness is.
>
> Do you understand?

Nice words, I understand what you mean now. I just thought, the research I did tells that the happiness of most of the people is based on what is happening around them, like family, financial possibilities, religion and a lot of more things. So I thought, all these things changed through the years, so the happiness level of people must be changed too.
If I understand you right, you are against the statement that happiness is creatable?
So what you say is that happiness is from inside, it just depends on who you are and how your character is, is that right?

Wow I am really excited of the opinion of you people, untill now you are the only who are against the statement that happiness is creatable. Everyone I have interviewed said that happiness is creatable, but you say it's from inside and it's natural, you can't do anything about it. I like that.

Today I have 5 interviews with very sick people in the hospital, it was so hard to get the hospital over to let me make interviews with sick people, I am lucky those people didn't mind to get interviewed.
Tomorrow is the big day.

The saying goes that money can't buy happiness. That's true. It's simply easier to find happiness when you're not having to worry about issues caused by lack of money.

We were perfectly happy in a dilapitated council house for years when I was a kid. We'd have been more happy if we'd had the money to repair the smashed windows or the money to actually turn on the heating.

Money can't create happiness which does not already exist. It can boost existing happiness, however.

@Robin:

> Money can't create happiness which does not already exist. It can boost existing happiness, however.

More good words, I can use that, thanks.
Happiness is already existing somewhere, you cant create it, you just can boost it.

@Chief:

> So, youre defining happiness as hormones and other junk, but youre saiyan that hormones and other junk are being created, so therefore youre saiyan that happiness does actually exist. So, in other words you just don't know what you're talking about.

No in other words im sayin g that your a little prick who does not understand sarcasm. Score one for the admins unbanning another douche.