Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gay Marriage

Robin

One thing I think is stupid, is why such legal "matings" have to be based upon sexuality. What about two heterosexual bros (or sistas) living together for years wanting to have legal rights to eachother? I mean the fact that they live together suggests they have economic and social investments in eachother. The whole point of marriage is an economic transaction between multiple individuals. Traditionally this has been to effectively provide for offspring, sure, but that doesn't mean individuals don't have social and economic investments in any other people they live with on a daily basis.

The whole point of marriage is well, marriage. Marriage began as a social thing, mostly to "ensure" the bloodline of offspring was the married mans and no other, as having children carried great importance back in the day.  Most older cultures didnt have ceremonies or anything, it was all a private desicion. Then the church got involved, and it started the downward spiral that eventually added economical reasons, taxes and such, but I think mainly to govern divorce proceedings, which generally benefit the female exclusivley.