Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tileset by me

Shube

@Lukin:

> Usually when making games like this you use pixel-art, which shouldn't use too many colors, but I guess it's up to you how you want it to look.

…what? People can make whatever they want. A lot of 2D games nowadays use Photoshop for the tiles and pixel art for the sprites.

@Jungle:

> …what? People can make whatever they want. A lot of 2D games nowadays use Photoshop for the tiles and pixel art for the sprites.

As if pixel art can't be made in Photoshop? It's what I use for my pixel art. Using other tools than the pencil and eraser for 2d games with this kind of style seems a bit too much though.

@Shube:

> i have correct the pattern on the ground tiles, now its ok? °O°

Can still see a slight pattern, if you want it to repeat itself try to make it not stick out too much with some details, if everything looks the same shadow and lighting wise it will not stick out.

@Lukin:

> As if pixel art can't be made in Photoshop? It's what I use for my pixel art. Using other tools than the pencil and eraser for 2d games with this kind of style seems a bit too much though.

Yes, I understand that you can use Photoshop for pixel art, although I think that's a bit overkill if you can use Paint. I'm just wondering why you think it's "too much". I've seen plenty of games pull off *INSERT CORRECT TERM HERE* art.

I think it's too much as pixel art is supposed to be efficient and have as few colors as you possibly can without losing detail, and using tools such as brushes and other tools that does the "work" for you, ruins that.

And as to why I use Photoshop rather than Paint, it is easier to pick colors, it has layers and a whole lot of ways to adjust colors which is a time saver. :P

• 2 weeks later...