Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please close/lock this topic

PenutReaper

The heal and trap tile anims are neat.. but I have to agree with kibbelz.. wouldnt it be better to just release tutorials.. unless youre planning on adding a lot of features it remains a very basic engine with little added benefit to someone creating a complete game

@i:

> No because most people duck up the tutorials when they copy and past things any way…

most is kinda of an overstatement.. were not all incompetent like some n00bs.. plus if someone cant program or add a step by step tutorial i dunno how theyre gonna make a decent game anyway

I am going to keep adding stuff, but these updates are small because I am still learning VB6\. I am going to add anything that I feel would improve the engine. I was thinking of releasing a few tutorials at some point in the future. This engine would be for people that want to use my edits, but can't add them in themselves, for whatever reason that may be.

By the way, If anyone finds a bug In this engine, please let me know.

• 2 months later...
Your instanced map feature is completely incorrect, i had a look at the code and it seems like all you do is warp the player to a set map? You never create a copy of the instanced map, destroy it nor clear it? You don't even have a loop to get a player in a map by himself.

@General:

> Your instanced map feature is completely incorrect, i had a look at the code and it seems like all you do is warp the player to a set map? You never create a copy of the instanced map, destroy it nor clear it? You don't even have a loop to get a player in a map by himself.

Well that saves me time from seeing it this was worth looking at.