Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NPCS!

LucasA33

I wanted to ask a simple question, before I get to the main one.
Why isn't there a way to keep npc's still?  Seems like a bad development flaw if you ask me.  There should just be an option to keep still, because i've tried everything (NPC Avoid Blocks, COUNTLESS respawning)…  Its annoying!

The question I want to ask is how to keep them still!

Make them a shopkeeper or just surround the spawn point of the npc with npv avoid. Since you already tried that, quit complaining, be glad you have an easy to use MMORPG maker and all the various features inside of it, and code the option yourself if you consider it to be such a "development flaw". I myself find the engine to be amazing.

@Sigridunset:

> Make them a shopkeeper or just surround the spawn point of the npc with npv avoid. Since you already tried that, quit complaining, be glad you have an easy to use MMORPG maker and all the various features inside of it, and code the option yourself if you consider it to be such a "development flaw". I myself find the engine to be amazing.

Well, I wouldn't have known it was a shopkeeper.

This MMO Maker is only EASY if you know every single thing about it, its not noob friendly at all.

And BEING FREE does not mean it has to be bad.

Either way, this engine is fun when I get used to it.

#1: It should not be user friendly, learn to use it or don't use it at all.
#2: I wish people would stop calling it a MMORPG maker, i havent seen a single massive game come out of any mirage engines.
#3: Enjoy your stay.

Ontopic:
Im not sure a shop keeper will meet what you want the npc to do… What is the purpose of your npc?

You may need to edit the source to allow the shop keeper to have that functionality, because from what i had thought, the shop keeper doesn't do anything other then stand there. On top of that if you are wanting him to assign a quest, your going to need to program your own quest system, or use a existing one found in the tutorial board.

@LucasA33:

> Well, I wouldn't have known it was a shopkeeper.

Thank you for this! It gave me the idea to finally rename these terribad behaviour names in ED. :] Shopkeeper is now "Immobile" and Guard is "Assist other NPCs". Hopefully these names will make it a little more obvious.

I understand this engine is good, however it is at times so frustrating it's not even worth continuing.  The only decent MMO project that I have seen run longer then anything is Crystalshire.

AND if you hate me calling it a MMO, then your just going to have to deal.  This engine is free, and amazing indeed, but it is also good for not having things that could have been a better suit, instead of shop keeper, have some kind of immobal option..

This topic is filling with drama, so I want to lock it here.

@LucasA33:

> I understand this engine is good, however it is at times so frustrating it's not even worth continuing.  The only decent MMO project that I have seen run longer then anything is Crystalshire.
>
> AND if you hate me calling it a MMO, then your just going to have to deal.  This engine is free, and amazing indeed, but it is also good for not having things that could have been a better suit, instead of shop keeper, have some kind of immobal option..
>
> This topic is filling with drama, so I want to lock it here.

To clarify: it's called shopkeeper because the original versions (circa 1998) have called it shop keeper, and the purpose of it is to create a shopkeeper (who doesn't move but simply sells items).

Locked as requested.