Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dragon Eclipse 2.0

Draco.exe

This is honestly great. Pure great. What I like best is the pet system, because the MMO type I've made fits perfect. By the way. The way the thingy is named, Pet, if I change the name to Partner and like 'Jay's Partner' would the system fail? Before I act like an idiot and end up screwing something up?

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> Quick Question. Everything works fine, but whenever I play the game my inventory box seems to go wacko. It flashes shots of the other parts of the map back and forth and sometimes the item sprites blink(disappear and reappear). Any thoughts?

Nobody else has that problem leading me to think it may have something to do with your vid card, or Direct x drivers. There is code that causes the inventory to refresh (blink), so thats probably normal.

I already asked Eragon for this (by Private message) but if anyone else could reply it faster : is there any possibility or a tutorial to add vx 3 framed movement on it ? :/ i really need that :S

PS: Dragon eclipse dx8 is more stable ? or Dragon eclipse dx7 ?

> I already asked Eragon for this (by Private message) but if anyone else could reply it faster : is there any possibility or a tutorial to add vx 3 framed movement on it ? :/ i really need that :S
>
> PS: Dragon eclipse dx8 is more stable ? or Dragon eclipse dx7 ?

In regards to stability, the dx8 version is more stable.

dragon eclipse Dx7 is very buggy, i just keep the egine in the first message if someone want to use/fix it but i recommend to use the Dx8 version, which is more stable.

i'll look if i found something in the code for transforming the 4 frame to 3 frames…maybe you should use paint.net and "transform" the 3 frames to 4 frames ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) (just use a 4 frame as base for the positions)

> Hey eragon, thx for creating this engine, but it has an animations sound bug (the sound does not sound xd)
>
> Do you think u can fix it?
>
> Thx for all

This is a problem with Nightly Eclipse, which was used as a base for this engine. I would suggest searching q&a for a possible fix.

for more resolutions check the tutorial of GodWar (that's the tutorial that i used for Dragon Eclipse), maybe you can add new resolutions by yourself, just follow the guide ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/127753-eo-event-system-30-resolution-changer/

How come the graphics look terrible? Compared to any other Eclipse, the graphics in this version appear really blurry and pixelated. How can I fix this?

Apparently I'm the only one having this problem. My friend said it looks normal.

hhmmm i have a problem with the text graphics…and i tested in two different computers and in one the text worked fine and the other no, so i think some Video Cards may cause some problems with the game graphics :/ i tried installing all the Dx8/Dx7, but didn't fixed the graphic bug. Maybe something like this is happening to you.

Also you should test another Dx8 version and see if the problem still happening in the others.

Good luck

Tried installing Directx8\. Still didn't work. Any other ideas?

Edit: It turns out, the only graphics doing this are Tiles1, 2, 4, 5, and 6\. Tiles3 and 7+ is fine. And those were the tiles I added myself. (Except for tiles3, that works fine for some reason).

The ones that come with it are normal. I don't understand.

I have an other small bug (or one of my fails)

When i change the dragon eclipse characters folder for my characters (there are 486) and then i open the engine, it appears rte 9.

I think it's related with the number of chars, but i don't how to fix it.

Can someone help me to fix this?

PD: I'm spanish and im doing my best to talk properly in english. Sorry if u didn't understand what im writing.

Oh, and very nice engine, im using it like a base for my game.

hmmm you should test with tiles added by yourself only and see if the tiles works or no…if they work fine, just "replace" the tiles that the system have with others that you can find here or in google (remember to use "not to big" tiles, some tiles with big resolutions may cause graphic problems)

---------------------------

mmm, quizas algún problema de mapas...te fijaste que todos los personajes (los 486) esten ordenados desde el 1 al 426 y que mrsean todos en formato .png sin fondo? quizas hay alguno que esté en otro formato o que sin querer te hayas saltado o escrito mal algún numero y puede que eso esté causando el problema. Aún así, si no llevas mucho o nada avanzado, te recomiendo que borres los archivos de los personajes y mapas de la carpeta del server (borra todos los archivos .dat que hay en las carpetas NPCs y Maps)

It's not that. The tilesets look fine in other versions of Eclipse. And the actual file itself looks fine, too. But when I actually view them in Dragon Eclipse's map editor, or place them on the map, that's when they look terrible.

It's almost as if this program hates custom tilesets that it didn't come with. Although one of those custom tilesets look fine.