Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Multiple character creation

zerosavior115

'please answer not with learn coding'
There is no 'quick and easy' solution for this, I will say it, you can either learn to script your own multiple character script or request one from another programmer, but either way you'd need to understand how to use the Visual basic 6 editor to add in the custom script, no one is going to baby sit you and make your game for you.

At present eclipse does not support multi-character accounts out of the box. It would require either coding yourself or ripping from previous versions which have the functionality to do so. So unless someone goes and does all the work for you without coding there is little chance you be able to.

@Eevee204:

> 'please answer not with learn coding'
> There is no 'quick and easy' solution for this, I will say it, you can either learn to script your own multiple character script or request one from another programmer, but either way you'd need to understand how to use the Visual basic 6 editor to add in the custom script, no one is going to baby sit you and make your game for you.

isnt that basically 'please answer not with learn coding'

It funny because all of you think making extra characters is hard, but it is in fact very very easy if you know how it work xD

Here, I will break it down. Right now, when you look at the code, what do you see in ModType, PlayerRec? Just a player's file. If you want a extra character system, you will need to add a new rec, should be called CharacterRec, put all the character attribute from the playerrec to the characterRec (cut and paste, dont copy and paste). Then in the playerRec, declare Character(1 to MAX_CHARACTER) as characterrec

Here come the fun part. LOOK EVERYWHERE!!! Look at how the client and server send data back and forth, and how the index is send, add an extra send (character as long/integer/byte/etc) to it so that it send with number it actually sending to. There will be alots of those thing that you will have to change, so good luck xD

It's not hard, just time consuming and a little bit boring.

I will probably make a tutorial for it when I have time

> It funny because all of you think making extra characters is hard, but it is in fact very very easy if you know how it work xD
>
> Here, I will break it down. Right now, when you look at the code, what do you see in ModType, PlayerRec? Just a player's file. If you want a extra character system, you will need to add a new rec, should be called CharacterRec, put all the character attribute from the playerrec to the characterRec (cut and paste, dont copy and paste). Then in the playerRec, declare Character(1 to MAX_CHARACTER) as characterrec
>
> Here come the fun part. LOOK EVERYWHERE!!! Look at how the client and server send data back and forth, and how the index is send, add an extra send (character as long/integer/byte/etc) to it so that it send with number it actually sending to. There will be alots of those thing that you will have to change, so good luck xD
>
> It's not hard, just time consuming and a little bit boring.
>
> I will probably make a tutorial for it when I have time

Now that's what you call an answer thank you very much yumi

'It funny because all of you think making extra characters is hard, but it is in fact very very easy if you know how it work xD'

Yeah it's easy >> IF << you know what you're doing and to know what you're doing you need to have some programming knowledge which I take it as this guy doesn't since he said: 'please answer not with learn coding'.

But like I said, the only way he can do it is he he learns to code or have someone basically do it for him which would be you and your tutorial.

@Eevee204:

> 'It funny because all of you think making extra characters is hard, but it is in fact very very easy if you know how it work xD'
>
> Yeah it's easy >> IF << you know what you're doing and to know what you're doing you need to have some programming knowledge which I take it as this guy doesn't since he said: 'please answer not with learn coding'.
>
> But like I said, the only way he can do it is he he learns to code or have someone basically do it for him which would be you and your tutorial.

you're the dumbest on the dumbs

i said dont answer with learn coding but opinions,suggestions,coding guide cause what i meant was dont tell me to get lost and questions will only need to be ask by ones who know

yes,if you know and you ask you're dumb try searching google what asking means

jerk!