Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First Star Online: Beyond

Chakkra

Not very great mapping but here's just a random teaser map for First Star Online: Beyond (A revamp project) Not sure if going the Eclipse route yet, just used it to make the map.

Mostly showing off the graphics.

![](http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg33/scaled.php?server=33&filename=lolteaser.png&res=landing)

Welcome back chakk :P

Anyways the graphics look pretty good although some of the trees seems too small. I really like the wooden house btw. You need a better transition from grass to cliff, its overlapping right now.

As for the mapping, its not that bad but the rocks in the water look repetitive right now.

These tiles are all a revamp of the original FSO tiles so obviously some aren't going to look original and obviuosly some are from that old tileset haha.

We are developing a new engine based in director. Originally it was supposed to be "FSO4" but since has been put into a spin-off project.

Also, the style of the graphics is that every tile fits into a 32x32 square besides the "big tiles"

The quality of the tiles are completely inconsistent.
The huge rocks have great dithering, good palette, and great shading. Then the little gray rocks on the ground are very noisy and have no hue shifting. The cacti have little depth and no hueshifting as well. Then your dark gray rocks have too much contrast, no dithering, and no hue shifting. Overall it looks like you're just completely mixing tilesets.

Also I don't like the dunes. I don't think they have enough build up or something, they look off.

@Eckhart it's funny because every tile you stated that looks "off" or "bad" are the originals that I haven't revamped yet :P (The cacti, the dark gray rocks) I wasn't planning on revamping those certain ones because I thought they looked fine and didn't need to be redone, but guess not haha! Off to spriting world.

Edit: About the dunes, what do you suppose I should change about them?

Needz moar Hue shifting, or the boulders need less hue shifting.
I don't know how to fix the dunes, sorry. Maybe if you made them more gradual it would help. Also, dither them more. Sand is grainy so it eases in.

The dark rocks don't really fit in with the desert palette. They're fine on grass probably, but I wouldn't use them in the desert.