Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gnomoria

Infuriated

Anyone else playing this?

It's basically Dwarf Fortress with Stonesense (an isometric visualizer) built in and utilizes a mouse based  interface and a hot bar. The similarity is striking and a lot of people have spouted "CLONEZ" but I'm pretty excited about it, due to the fact of Dwarven complexity and ASCII turned most people off of the greatness of Dwarf Fortress. A lot of people say it's also like Towns, but I've never played that so I can't comment there.

It's not nearly as complex as DF, however, a snippet of DF's complexity makes for somewhat of a challenge for those who haven't been playing DF, although the learning curve is pretty much curbed due to the visuals and interface.

There's quite a bit to do but it's in alpha right now, and the developer is taking a page from Minecrafts book and selling the alpha for 20% off until beta where it will be full priced. So it's 7.99$ now and will go for 9.99$ upon release/beta(?). There is also a demo where your limited to 6 days in the game.

If your into DF hardcore though, you might find that you prefer the ascii and keybinds over the mouse and sometimes tricky isometric view.

E75mL6R42i0

http://gnomoria.com/

warning: THIS GAMES MUSIC IS HORRIFYING. That is all.