Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pixel Art - Need feed back.

Zetasis

[attachment=133:Tile Mock up.png] –-------> [attachment=135:Tile Mock up.png]

So I have been working on a new sprite base and some new tiles. Most of my practice has been with sprites and I feel I am ready to branch out onto tiles now. I am fairly happy with how the floor tiles turned out but I'm not to sure about the wall/roof tiles. There supposed to be wood but I just couldn't get the shade of colors I was looking for so I'll probably redo those eventually. I'm really just looking for some feed back so I know if I should keep up with this or not. Anyways thanks and I'm looking forward to some feed back.

(woot 800th post!)

> The tree trunk doesnt look good also the shading on the leafs is wrong it should be up to down not left to right

Ywah I plan on redoing the trunk but as for the shading I was aiming for the light source to be from the top left so the shading qould be from top left to bottom right but now that I look at it again I see how it clashes with the other tiles. Thanks for the input.

The walls look nice, but they don't look like wood. They look as though they're made of gold. That is due to the saturated color, lack of texture, and the highlight you added around the bottom left edges which gives it that reflective look.

The tree's not good. Trees are hard, I know, but I think you should start over. Imagine the foliage differently. Right now it's a single blob with poor shading and random "wrinkles." Instead, picture it as a mass of blobs melted into each other… if that makes sense at all.

![](http://i47.tinypic.com/2lm87wn.png)

As for the trunk…if the foliage is only going to be a tile in size, then make the trunk thinner and less clumpy.