Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Mega

Ertzel

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once I fix the guild bug I have right now I'll put up the first link. The bug wont let anyone login until its fixed so no point putting up a download yet.

Also the features I'll be putting into this engine are features most main mmorpg's have. It's not like I'm just throwing in random system to try and clog up the engine.

> I know, but I don't have time right now (or the ability) to program changes into this engine.

He's copying and pasting tutorials made by other people. I'm pretty sure anyone can do that themselves, there's no 'ability' required.

> He's copying and pasting tutorials made by other people. I'm pretty sure anyone can do that themselves, there's no 'ability' required.

Yes, I am adding some system already in the tutorial section but that is not the only thing this engine will have compared to the normal EA. I am also working on my own systems for this engine.

Again, if you do not like what I am doing, there is no point of you reading this thread just to female dog about it. Just leave this for people who like it and want to use it….

Okay, this guild system hates my last version so I went back to a blank copy of EA 3.0.10 and re-added everything in but the guild system.

I will now try to add the guild system in one last time. If it works I'll post a link to the first version of Eclipse Mega and if it doesn't work I'll post the version without the Guild System.

Also a little update, I added an option to left click on a players name from the server command and now in the window that lets you Ban/Kick or set access ranks, there is also another option called Load Player Data. If you press that it will then change you to the Character Editor tab with that players information all loaded in so you don't have to type in the player's name.

Version 1.0.5 is now out. You can download it [here](http://199.91.153.100/dbs3isf1b9cg/q329rk4nq03mjnm/Eclipse+Mega.rar). It has all of the features displayed in the original post and is using Eclipse Advance 3.0.10 now instead of .7.

The Guild system also has a little change. You have your Guild Name, and Guild Tag. The name is the full name for you guild and the tag is what's displayed above your character ingame. When creating a guild you type /guild make GuildName GuildTag

You can also edit the Guild Name and Guild Tag at any time through the guild admin panel (by typing /guild admin) Also for all players in the guild they can type /guild to open the ingame guild window displaying the Name, Tag, MOTD and Guild Members. To view the other guild features you can type /guild help while ingame and will be shown the other commands.

First to download!!!!! ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

Ya, that was my bad. Didn't know that code was still in there from me ducking around with moveable GUI's. I'll put a fix in soon.

As for your question about picking up items. Since this has WASD movement which requires Enter to talk, the pickup button is Spacebar.

This should fix that problem.

Download [here](http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?u3z443jme27vo6g)

This has moveable GUI windows for the Inventory, Skills, Character, Options and Party windows. I'm still working on the exact movement so its a little chopper if your mouse goes through the middle of the GUI Window but if you hold the edge and drag its fine for movement. (Or just don't hold and drag on the windows and keep them how they are)

I just used tutorial posted by [Generalissimo Pońy](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/129737-party-randomized-share-loot/#entry855779) for loot going to random party members instead of it dropping to the ground and modified it to randomly pick a party member on the same map as the member who killed the mob and giving out the loot to them

Click the spoiler for the code

>! ```
' Check if the player is in a party!
>! If TempPlayer(attacker).inParty > 0 Then
>! Num = rand(1, Party(TempPlayer(attacker).inParty).MemberCount)
>! Do While GetPlayerMap(Party(TempPlayer(attacker).inParty).Member(Num)) <> mapnum
>! Num = rand(1, Party(TempPlayer(attacker).inParty).MemberCount) ' Randomly pick party member on same map
>! Loop
>! 'Drop the goods if they get it
>! n = Int(Rnd * Npc(npcNum).DropChance) + 1
>! If n = 1 Then
>! Call GiveInvItem(Party(TempPlayer(attacker).inParty).Member(Num), Npc(npcNum).DropItem, Npc(npcNum).DropItemValue, True)
>! Call PartyMsg(TempPlayer(attacker).inParty, GetPlayerName(Party(TempPlayer(attacker).inParty).Member(Num)) & " looted " & Trim$(Item(Npc(npcNum).DropItem).Name) & "!", Yellow)
>! End If
>! Else
>! 'Drop the goods if they get it
>! n = Int(Rnd * Npc(npcNum).DropChance) + 1
>! If n = 1 Then
>! Call SpawnItem(Npc(npcNum).DropItem, Npc(npcNum).DropItemValue, mapnum, MapNpc(mapnum).Npc(mapNpcNum).x, MapNpc(mapnum).Npc(mapNpcNum).y)
>! End If
>! End If
```

This will be included in the next version of EM.

****(Edit)****

Just added a Change Log to the original post showing the changes between versions and some of the things coming up for the next version.