Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Resolved] Dll Fails

Peaverin

Hello.

A friend downloaded the eclipse game i uploaded, and the first error he had was the dxv8b.dll .

When he downloaded the eclipse nightly runtime files, then this strange error appeared:

2005530516 (8876086c) automation error

I don't know how to fix this… Anyone else can hellp?

My friend re-installed all like 2 times but the error is still there.

I also searched for this problem in this forum but no fixes…

Please help with this.

----

Also I wanna know if there is a way to fix and install all the required runtime files at once because i don't wanna make people that plays my game install lots of things for play.

Edit: Using dragon eclipse 2.0, based on nightly eclipse

I think there's an odd error in DE I read somewhere with one of the InitD3D8(?) cases, and you have to do something with that, but I'm not entirely sure what.

This might also be helpful: [**Run-Time Error**](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/128839-run-time-error-2005530516-8876086c-automation-error/page__hl__%2B2005530516+%2B%288876086c%29+%2Bautomation+%2Berror)

> I THINK there is a button in that error message where if you hit it, Eclipse changes rendering modes. Although I can't remember if that's what happens for the automation error you have there.

No, my friend says there isn't any button, just the accept button.

I had the same problem with the dx8vb.dll, I had to manually make sure they were being installed into the win32 folder. They were going into the win32 or win64 folder by default. Just re-install them and make sure it is in win32\. JUST win32, nothing else.

> I had the same problem with the dx8vb.dll, I had to manually make sure they were being installed into the win32 folder. They were going into the win32 or win64 folder by default. Just re-install them and make sure it is in win32\. JUST win32, nothing else.

jaekx is right when you install the runtime filles you have to specify the path that they need to be installed in

I believe it's case 2 that simply needs to be moved to the bottom(and the numbers changed accordingly) in InitD3D8\. I'd suggest you do that before sending out your game, as it's a relatively common issue, and the error catcher doesn't really work as well as it was intended.

> I believe it's case 2 that simply needs to be moved to the bottom(and the numbers changed accordingly) in InitD3D8\. I'd suggest you do that before sending out your game, as it's a relatively common issue, and the error catcher doesn't really work as well as it was intended.

That's what I was thinking of! I'm sure I saw something about a InitD3D8 case. ![:lol:](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.png)

I think I'm right in saying that in modGraphics, you need to find this:

```
Case 2

Set Direct3D_Device = Direct3D.CreateDevice(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, frmMain.picScreen.hWnd, D3DCREATE_MIXED_VERTEXPROCESSING, Direct3D_Window)

TryCreateDirectX8Device = True

Exit Function
```

And move it below this:

```
Case 4

TryCreateDirectX8Device = False

Exit Function
```
Then, rename the cases accordingly.

I'm not 100% sure, as I couldn't actually find "InitD3D8" but I think I got the right bit; you might want to wait until Joyce confirms this, or tells you I'm being stupid. ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

> I think I'm right in saying that in modGraphics, you need to find this:
>
> ```
> Case 2
>
> Set Direct3D_Device = Direct3D.CreateDevice(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, frmMain.picScreen.hWnd, D3DCREATE_MIXED_VERTEXPROCESSING, Direct3D_Window)
>
> TryCreateDirectX8Device = True
>
> Exit Function
> ```
>
> And move it below this:
>
> ```
> Case 4
>
> TryCreateDirectX8Device = False
>
> Exit Function
> ```
> Then, rename the cases accordingly.
>
> I'm not 100% sure, as I couldn't actually find "InitD3D8" but I think I got the right bit; you might want to wait until Joyce confirms this, or tells you I'm being stupid. ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

Ah okey, i wasn't understanding what joyce said because i wans't able to find InitD3D8.

I will wait Joyce to say if this is correct and then upload again the game to let my friend test it.