Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Resolved]Serious Chat Refresh Bug

Peaverin

Hey, today i found a serious chat window refresh bug.

The problem is that the chat window is just refreshing for the last connected member.

The other members' chat window will only refresh after 5 seconds the message is sent.

If you don't know what im saying, try this (this bug doesn't affect CS:DE or Eclipse Advanced, but it affects the official version and nightly eclipse version):

Open your event system 2.3 version or nightly eclipse 3.0, or dragon eclipse 2.0 version of eclipse and connect with 2 characters.

Write something with the last character you connected, and see what happens. The other player's chat window is not refreshing after 5 or 6 seconds. This seems to be lag, but it isn't.

So if someone can helps me (and a lot of people) making the chat window refreshing everytime someone writes anything, it will be useful.

Thanks for reading this.

> Error solved dont play on two accounts ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

This also happens if i play with one account and my friend with other, in different computers, not just when i play with 2 at the same computer.

> So what should other players do if there index > 5? Should they wait till a few ppl are gone?

Don't understand what you said, im newbie in this engine.

So can anybody help with this bug?

This isn't related with the chat window refresh(tested refreshing chat everytime, the chat refresh but the message doesn't arrive so this is not an option)

Also I have more things to say:

Imagine 2 players.

In the same map, the bug is happening, creating that lag sense in all the players except the last one connected.

If there are in separated maps (player 1 is in map 1 and player 2 in map 5, for example) and they talk, all is correct(the bug doesn't happen).

But if they chat with global, the bug happens.

This shows that the bug is related with the amount of players that receive the message, not with the chat window refresh.

Maybe this help to someone that can fix this.

> So basically client -> server (server takes time 2 check who all 2 send 2 and send so last players receives a bit late) -> client
>
> Basically what I tried to explain but no one would listen.

No. I don't think that's the reason of the problem. I don't think the server spends like 7 seconds for sending the text to the other players.

ALSO This doesn't happen with rendered gui engines like cs:de and the server has the same check system.

i don't have the time to do this and the knowledge but there is my theory to fix it ^^ :

If it's only doing that for the global messages, then we need to check each lines of code and see what different for global messages and the map messages

inside client + server to see if something missing or not

> No. I don't think that's the reason of the problem. I don't think the server spends like 7 seconds for sending the text to the other players.
>
> ALSO This doesn't happen with rendered gui engines like cs:de and the server has the same check system.It might not happen with gui rendered Engines but I see no reason for a text box to actually take time to add some text. And also I never said that it would take 7 seconds. But it might take some time.

> It might not happen with gui rendered Engines but I see no reason for a text box to actually take time to add some text. And also I never said that it would take 7 seconds. But it might take some time.

The problem is that this is taking like 7 seconds and isn't normal…