Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Finally deciding my game's name

SawQuart

After months of development on Project Ember, my game needs a name. Now that I have an artist (Kusy) and a stable build, I'm getting ready to start advertising it. Which name do you prefer? "Tribelands" or "Tribal Lands"? Please provide some reasoning below.

> TRIBELANDS!!!
>
> Tribal lands sounds like something a 5th grader put in a 1 paragraph essay about his mother.
>
> But TRIBELANDS on the other hand…. that got some serious
>
> PIZZAZ!

>Comic sans

On a scale from 1-10, 1 being fun and lighthearted and 10 being dark and serious, where does your game lie? If it's closer to the 10 end, I might suggest something more like 'dominion of the tribes'. If it's closer to 1, tribal lands. Two words, sounds edgier than tribelands. I guess tribelands is more modern and cute, but tribal lands just sounds dope as duck.

> TRIBELANDS!!!
>
> Tribal lands sounds like something a 5th grader put in a 1 paragraph essay about his mother.
>
> But TRIBELANDS on the other hand…. that got some serious
>
> PIZZAZ!

Umm thanks? Hahaha

> >Comic sans
>
> On a scale from 1-10, 1 being fun and lighthearted and 10 being dark and serious, where does your game lie? If it's closer to the 10 end, I might suggest something more like 'dominion of the tribes'. If it's closer to 1, tribal lands. Two words, sounds edgier than tribelands. I guess tribelands is more modern and cute, but tribal lands just sounds dope as duck.

It seems like everyone either loves one word or two words depending on which games they like the most. By the way, "Dominion" or "Dominating" doesn't have complete relevance in the game and sounds sorta out of place. My game is about a 7 on that scale (mostly just due to the graphics– otherwise it would be a 10).

> Ok, Im now probably going to go with Tribal Survival. Ill put the poll up tomorrow. Does anyone dislike the name?

Oh god please don't. Just saying it sound's like a bad joke! XD

I originally voted Tribal Lands, but now I'm becomming fond of Tribelands. Suits your game, and… well works.

Actually I liked the name Project Ember as far as a project goes. Ember had a lot of symbolic meaning, being a small start of something, but also the fire connotation held symbolic meaning to the nature of the game (being that fire is the most fundamental aspect to human survival and development of civilization).

"Tribal Lands" and "Tribelands" are both discriptive, but they are also fairly generic.

> I have decided on _**Homestead**_. It gives a nice "Oregon Trail" feel and reminds me why I wanted a game like mine in the first place.
>
> The full name will be _**Homestead: Settle and Survive**_ to avoid legal conflicts with the company.

Great choice.

Also, if you didn't know, dominion has nothing to do with dominating. It's a synonym for land. I believe Canada was once called "the dominion of canada".